Windows 10: unable to record my voice on windows 10

Discus and support unable to record my voice on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I'm unable to record my voice on windows 10. Below are the things that i have checked: 1. This is enabled [ATTACH] 2. This looks okay, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ella_2020, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Ella_2020 Win User

unable to record my voice on windows 10

All,

I'm unable to record my voice on windows 10.

Below are the things that i have checked:

1. This is enabled

unable to record my voice on windows 10 d4684003-c2f2-4523-9a75-39cef66c729a?upload=true.png

2. This looks okay, but no volumne

unable to record my voice on windows 10 e7c852cb-b6c9-475f-bc51-33e0197f5101?upload=true.png

3. permission allowed for sound recorder

unable to record my voice on windows 10 a8021533-aa41-473d-9b8b-ed3f802d0d84?upload=true.png

4. no issue found in troubleshooting

unable to record my voice on windows 10 c1e52e66-bb65-4a7c-9719-689068320f4e?upload=true.png

Basically i have checked everything mentioned in windows 'Get-help', but issue still persists.

Anything else I can do? this mic works perfectly with my iphone etc.

:)

Ella_2020, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Voice Recorder Flags Disappeared

Hi,

I realize the problem you are facing with the voice recorder.

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Are you using windows built-in voice recorder or any other 3rd party voice recorder application?

• If you are using Build in Windows recorder, how did you put the flag?
    If you are using built-in Windows recorder, there is no option to put a flag on recorded voice. Provide us the screenshot of recording interface with Flag.

Refer the steps given in the below link to provide us screenshots:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

In case if you are using any 3rd party recorder, then I suggest you to contact the developer of the application for further help.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Voice Recorder

Hello Linda,

Issues with Windows 10 apps can usually be fixed by running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. To do that, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the problem persists, you may try to reinstall Voice Recorder by doing the following:

• Type in Powershell in the search field and hit Enter.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Click on Yes.
    • In the PowerShell box, type in or copy and paste Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press Enter.
    • Once Voice Recorder is uninstalled, open the Store app, download, and install Voice Recorder.

Also, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps for fixing Cortana and Start menu on the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

can't find voice recorder in Win10

Hi,

We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the app. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder * | remove-appxpackage

4. Re-install the
    Window Voice Recorder
    app from the Windows Store.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. unable to record my voice on windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable record voice

2. My laptop is unable to record my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is unable to record my voice: Normally, I use my laptop with my headphones, which have no microphone, and record my voice by using the laptop's microphone array, but today, when I unplugged the headphones, the microphone array disappears and the laptop cannot record me anymore. I couldn't even find the...
  3. My laptop is unable to record my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is unable to record my voice: Normally, I use my laptop with my headphones, which have no microphone, and record my voice by using the laptop's microphone array, but today, when I unplugged the headphones, the microphone array disappears and the laptop cannot record me anymore. I couldn't even find the...
  4. Voice Recordings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Voice Recordings on Windows 10: How do I save the recordings? There's nothing on the left side. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recordings-on-windows-10/9fa6201c-d5ab-44e5-9a77-b0351e22a95b
  5. Windows Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Voice Recorder: On my previous AIO desktop computer I used the Windows 10 voice recorder to record our veterans' group virtual meetings and used these recordings to create meeting minutes. I was able to hear all parties participating in these meetings and found the voice recorder feature to...
  6. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Windows 10 Voice Recorder: I recently was upgraded to Windows 10 and I am very frustrated with the Voice Recorder. I used to be able to record phone conversations over the computer with the Windows 8 Sound Recorder. Now, I can only record either my voice or the computer...not both. This is a...
  7. Recording voice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording voice in Windows 10: I am trying to record my reading some prose. Before Windows 10 the recording was in a .wav format, but is now in a .m4a. The results are not as good as it was with Windows 7. Is there a better way for me to record? Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey...
  8. Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person: Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person. It was working before, but after I update a few months back it stopped recording the person on the other line. I tried some troubleshooting steps that I found here and that did not solve the issue. Thank you!...
  9. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Windows 10 Voice Recorder: While my Windows 10 Pro Voice Recorder seems to otherwise work okay (utilizing a 3.5mm mini phono cable) the recording volume is so weak that it's barely legible during playback, especially when I've used it to record telephone conversations. Is there some kind of inline...
  10. Windows 10 Gamebar Recording it records my voice just fine but my friends voices are echoing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Gamebar Recording it records my voice just fine but my friends voices are echoing: So i usually record me and my friends at random times to have the memory but recently when i record it records my voice perfectly but when i play the video my friends voices echo. I dont understand why please help. I use Skype when i call my friends...