Windows 10: Unable to recover Microsoft password

Discus and support Unable to recover Microsoft password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vivek Mishra2, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Unable to recover Microsoft password

I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have forgot its password. I have tried multiple ways to recover my password but none of them are working. The problem is that the account was never used for anything. I hadn't sent any emails to any other account so i cannot mention the email address and subject line of the email in the password recovery tool. Even if i would have h

:)

Vivek Mishra2, Feb 19, 2023
  2. A. User Win User

Unable to reset Microsoft Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is when you are not able to reset your Microsoft Account Password as expected. To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the
    questions below.

1. Are you trying to reset the password to your computer or your email?
    2. Do you currently have access to your Microsoft Account, when you try to login using a browser?

If you have trouble resetting the Microsoft Account password, and you are unable to sign in to your account, then you can Recover your Microsoft Account, follow this article on

Recover your Microsoft account
    by submitting an Account Recovery form. You will also be able to find the link to
    live Chat support for issues concerning Microsoft Account at the bottom of the page.

If you are unable to access your Windows Local Account password, then you can check resetting your Windows 10 local account password, follow this article on

Reset your Windows 10 local account password
    , check if that helps.

Please help us with the screenshot of the page in the application, where you are seeing the wrong information. Follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot. I suggest you to
    not to add any personally identifiable information(PII), when you send the screenshot.

We await your response.

Regards,

A. User, Feb 19, 2023
  3. Unable to recover account

Hi DMP000000

My name is Abdirahman, an independent advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user. I will be glad to help your request.

I would suggest you refer to the Microsoft support to help you recover account

To reset e-mail password please visit the link below and see if you able to recover your account

Reset your password .

If not or unable to recover e-mail account, please see the link below go to submit a request to Microsoft for account recovery password

Recover your account

Let me know if you need any assist

Abdirahman Issa, Feb 19, 2023
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Unable to recover Microsoft password

Unable to recover hotmail account password

Hi Ramhesh, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

I'd suggest you follow the instructions in the below Microsoft support article which guides you through the password recovery process:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/...

If you're still unable to reset your password after trying those steps, you'll need to contact Microsoft Support to see if they can assist you with your password reset:

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

Unable to recover Microsoft password

1. Unable to recover Microsoft password - Similar Threads - Unable recover Microsoft

2. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  3. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  4. How to recover Microsoft Edge Passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover Microsoft Edge Passwords: Hello amazing minds of the IT world. I am in a small pickle and not sure if anyone has come across this issue before or might have an idea on how to resolve the issue. Long story short something happened that causes me and my company to have to go through and renames users...
  5. How to recover Microsoft Edge Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover Microsoft Edge Passwords: Hello amazing minds of the IT world. I am in a small pickle and not sure if anyone has come across this issue before or might have an idea on how to resolve the issue. Long story short something happened that causes me and my company to have to go through and renames users...
  6. Uable to recover Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uable to recover Microsoft account password: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC which I stupidly setup with one account when new. I have now setup child accounts but as no one seems to recall the "main" account password I created a new administrator account. This is all working fine. However, I wanted to add the old admin...
  7. Lost password and unable to recover.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost password and unable to recover.: My Son's computer updated and he cannot login to Windows. Before the update he was using a PIN to login and it is now asking for a password. Here is the true potato move, he does not remember his password for windows nor for his Gmail account to reset the password. Any...
  8. Recovering Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recovering Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I just yesterday created a microsoft account and i am unable to remember it's password and now i cannot sign in. I try to recover using the recovery method on microsoft however i am unable to fill out all the information that is need for them to send a code like...
  9. Recovering password on Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering password on Microsoft Mail: Good day I changed a password on my one email account which is linked to my Mail app. I updated the password on the app but completely forgot what the password is so cannot log into the mail any other way than the mail. Is there any was to recover the password from the...
  10. Unable to recover hotmail account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to recover hotmail account password: Hi Tried to recover Password of my hotmail account. Couldn't able to reset the PW. Is there any other way to reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-recover-hotmail-account-password/405b8434-0ee1-4dc7-9895-c0a313e028a1