Windows 10: Unable to recover or update.

Discus and support Unable to recover or update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My disk usage is at 100% at an almost constant basis, so I googled how to fix it and found that I need to complete a system update, I attempted that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sarah-JoMartyn, May 20, 2022.

1. Unable to recover or update.

My disk usage is at 100% at an almost constant basis, so I googled how to fix it and found that I need to complete a system update, I attempted that several times but it would not work. I ran a scan and it could not detect any integrity issues, so I thought it may be due to a program that i downloaded yesterday, I decided to do a system recovery to before that program was installed but it does not work either and was giving me the error code: 0x800703f1. I entered safe mode to try and do the recovery that way, but it gave me the same error code. So I am unable to update or recover the computer

:)

Sarah-JoMartyn, May 20, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to recover or update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 20, 2022
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2022
  4. Unable to recover or update.

Unable to Update to Creators update

Hi Farzin,

To know more about your concern with Creators Update, please clarify the following:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue on your computer?
    • Have you tried the suggested steps provided above?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Unable to recover or update.

1. Unable to recover or update. - Similar Threads - Unable recover update

2. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  3. Unable to recover my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to recover my files: I had edited an Image in Photoshop long ago, to give it as a gift to my friend but now when I try to access that file, I am unable to access it.It shows a white cross on that icon and whenever I try to open it photoshop says that file format is not correct. Here is tis...
  4. Unable to recover personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover personal files: I’ve been unable to reach the login screen before my computer blue screens, and I’ve tried pretty much everything, so I’m just going to reinstall Windows. However, since I can’t reach my desktop, I cannot launch the installation media from my install and keep my personal...
  5. Unable to recover personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover personal files: I’ve been unable to reach the login screen before my computer blue screens, and I’ve tried pretty much everything, so I’m just going to reinstall Windows. However, since I can’t reach my desktop, I cannot launch the installation media from my install and keep my personal...
  6. Unable to recover or update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover or update.: My disk usage is at 100% at an almost constant basis, so I googled how to fix it and found that I need to complete a system update, I attempted that several times but it would not work. I ran a scan and it could not detect any integrity issues, so I thought it may be due to a...
  7. Unable to recover or update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to recover or update.: My disk usage is at 100% at an almost constant basis, so I googled how to fix it and found that I need to complete a system update, I attempted that several times but it would not work. I ran a scan and it could not detect any integrity issues, so I thought it may be due to a...
  8. Unable to Recover PC after 20H2 Update Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Recover PC after 20H2 Update Failed: Hello, I have been trying to get my work PC's updated to 20H2. I have manged to get one PC going after much frustration. Now I am trying to update other PC. Computer requested restart to install 20H2. Restart gives completely black screen no cursor. Waited one hour, hard...
  9. Unable to recover account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to recover account: My daughter is unable to recover her account. The recovery form is asking questions she can't answer. She has a brand new laptop she can't use because of this and we can't find anyway to fix it or a live body at Microsoft to talk to. Please help!...
  10. Windows 10 unable to recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to recover: My home PC is not starting up, getting following error "The Operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. File:\Windows\System32\drivers\intelpep.sys Error code :0xc00000e9 " I have tried to use auto recovery but it...