Windows 10: Unable to recovery after cloning

Discus and support Unable to recovery after cloning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I upgraded to a Samsung Evo SSD by cloning with Samsung Migration software. After swapping the SSD, I am unable to do recovery option. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jianken, Jun 27, 2019.

1. jianken Win User

Unable to recovery after cloning

Hi all, I upgraded to a Samsung Evo SSD by cloning with Samsung Migration software. After swapping the SSD, I am unable to do recovery option. Please advise. Thank you.

:)

jianken, Jun 27, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jun 27, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 27, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to recovery after cloning - Similar Threads - Unable recovery cloning

2. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  3. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  4. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  5. Recovery media missing after cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery media missing after cloning: hey, so i recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd. i used minitool partition wizard. i clicked on migrate os to hdd/sdd. i chose option a. replace system with another hard disk. Now after i completed that process i swap the sdd in and booted up fine. i used the laptop like i...
  6. Windows Recovery screen after cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Recovery screen after cloning: Hey, so I tried cloning my OS from an MBR ssd to a GPT ssd. After the cloning was done, I get booted to the windows recovery screen when trying to boot via the cloned drive. The cloning was performed via minitool partition wizard and here is how disk management looks along...
  7. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.: Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb. I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition',...
  8. No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.

No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.: Hey fellas, Moving forward from this thread.....(just for reference.....Help with SSD boot drive change) Single boot drive MBR was cloned with Macrium to larger ssd and removed smaller ssd. Windows booted fine. MBR2GPT converted the new drive, but gave the...
  9. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD: I recently cloned my HDD to my SSD, to have my OS run quicker. The cloning went well, and I have set the SSD as the nr. 1 in the boot priority (each and every one of them), yet when I go into the Disk Management, my old HDD (C drive) is still labelled "boot" ***Original...
  10. Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis: I have been having problems with this System Thread Exception Not Handled ASUSFILTER.SYS I would get as far as the Desktop for a few seconds then I would get the BSOD. At one point I thought that I had got it fixed and decided to clone straight away. I have a drive just...