Windows 10: Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

Discus and support Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise version with latest 1909 build, from then the DLLs and OCXs of my application are not registering. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PINNINTI Revanth, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

Hi all,

I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise version with latest 1909 build, from then the DLLs and OCXs of my application are not registering. I'm facing the issue"The module xxxx.dll may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you are running.Check if the module is compatible with an x86 32-bit or x64 64-bit version of regsvr32.exe". My DLLs and OCXs are of 32-bit.

I tried registering from command prompt with elevated permissions in the following ways but all of them prompted me the same issue.

regsvr32 xxxx.dll

%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe xxxx.dll

%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe xxxx.dll

Please let me know if there is any solution to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance.

:)

PINNINTI Revanth, Jun 17, 2020

2. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10....

Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

Can someone update this so it works in win10?

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Gwynna Win User
    Legacy OCX fails to register on Windows 10 Pro

I have a need to register an OCX for a legacy application on Windows 10 Pro. The OCX registers without issue on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine, but does not register on W10 Pro. No error message at all -- just the blue spinning circle for 20 seconds or
    so and then nothing.

It is a 32bit application, so we have tried without success regsvr32 from both system32 and syswow64 and using "Run as administrator". Regsvr32 shows as still running in task manager after each attempt to register.

We have tried disabling virus protection, but still no success.

Restarting in safe mode, we are able to successfully register the ocx using syswow64\regsvr32 and the app runs as expected in safe mode with networking. Restart to full OS and the app hangs up when attempting to call the functions in the OCX.

W10 enterprise has no issue registering the OCX or running the app.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Gwynna, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

COMDLG32.ocx not correctly registered - Windows 10

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library might be causing the issue. Please follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Re-Register the file:

You can Re-register this file it by typing "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" from the command line in the system32 directory.

Perform the following steps to make the changes:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Put in your credentials for UAC prompt.
    • In the command prompt type in "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" then press ENTER
    Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the software packages you are referring to and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the program and click uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and install the application and check if it helps.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

1. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build - Similar Threads - Unable register DLLs

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  7. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  9. problem registering dlls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem registering dlls: i replaced my original unarc/isdone.dlls without re-registering them . each time i try to register them i get this error. make sure unarc is a vaild dll or ocx file.is there any fix please?command prompt running on admin [ATTACH]...
  10. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548