Windows 10: Unable to register new fingerprint

Discus and support Unable to register new fingerprint in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and while doing the setup got the fingerprint access setup. This was a few weeks ago. Today I tried to set up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rahul Revankar, May 3, 2020.

1. Unable to register new fingerprint

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and while doing the setup got the fingerprint access setup. This was a few weeks ago.

Today I tried to set up another fingerprint for log in because I injured my registered finger and that is not getting registered. Error message attached. Can somebody help me?

I have tried the set up multiple times. get the same error. Tried reinstalling windows and there it gives me the option to set up and the same gets registered. Once the setup is complete, and I log in to the system, try adding another fingerprint to the system I start getting this error.

Unable to register new fingerprint 800e3fac-cde9-4fc9-99b7-338767249257?upload=true.png

:)

Rahul Revankar, May 3, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 3, 2020
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    Cannot Register Fingerprint in Windows hello.

Hi Muhammad,

We'd like to know a couple of things so that we can better address your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you use a Microsoft account to sign in before you registered your fingerprint? If so, are you using the same Microsoft account right now to do the same thing?
    • What was the exact error message that you got? It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried signing in with the previous fingers you registered?

If you're using the same Microsoft account to register your fingerprints and you were able to sign in with the fingers you previously registered, that means they are already registered in Windows Hello and you don't need to re-register them again (thus,
    the possible error you're getting). You have the option to add multiple fingerprints or remove all fingerprints that are currently registered under your account.

If you have other questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Dice Vil, May 3, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Unable to register new fingerprint

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to register new fingerprint

1. Unable to register new fingerprint - Similar Threads - Unable register fingerprint

2. Windows Hello Not Registering Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Not Registering Fingerprint: I have a problem with Windows Hello when I attempt to register my fingerprint on my Dell laptop after a fresh install.The first time I place my fingerprint on the scanner, Windows Hello says great and prompts me to do so again,, but the second time will always return a...
  3. Windows Hello Not Registering Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Not Registering Fingerprint: I have a problem with Windows Hello when I attempt to register my fingerprint on my Dell laptop after a fresh install.The first time I place my fingerprint on the scanner, Windows Hello says great and prompts me to do so again,, but the second time will always return a...
  4. Windows Hello Not Registering Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fingerprint cannot be registered

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fingerprint cannot be registered: Hello, since 2 days ago - Me, my father and my friends are complaining that we can't bypass windows 10 login page with fingerprint, like the sensor isn't recognizing our fingerprint anymore. My father realised that HE CAN bypass by changing login method to PIN and then even...
  6. Register new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register new laptop: how do I register my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/register-new-laptop/64069954-e4ab-4efa-a551-22c5b9150a6b
  7. register new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    register new computer: I typed the serial no. of my new computer into "microsoft devices" because it says I need it to get support and warranty info. But then I see nothing...no confirmation of registration, nothing about its warranty, no indication that my computer is recognized. I will want to...
  8. fingerprint from old account are still registered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint from old account are still registered: Fingerprint reader is working excelent I deleted a user with all its data because it was a mess. this user had fingerprint security on my own fingers. I added a new user and tried to register my fingers for this new user. But the program tells me that these fingers is...
  9. unable to register fsx

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to register fsx: Fsx was registered after a reinstall. After a few minutes the program stopped and a message to register the FSX program appeared. The problem is that there was no screen wit a place to register (again). What is the problem? What should I do to fix this?...
  10. Unable to Register MSCAL.OCX

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Register MSCAL.OCX: I copied MSCAL.OCX to the c:\windows\sysWOW64\ folder. When I try registering it running: 'rsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\mscal.ocx' I get the following: "The c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscal.ocx**module has been loaded, but the call *** to DllRegisterServer has failed, with...