Windows 10: Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program

Discus and support Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Program would not fully update. When proceeding to update at around 60% or thereabouts would see : "Updating -2147483648%" This went on for several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HalPope, Sep 22, 2018.

1. HalPope Win User

Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program

Program would not fully update. When proceeding to update at around 60% or thereabouts would see : "Updating -2147483648%"

This went on for several weeks with no real slow down in this computer's performance but never updating the anti virus files either. Then after uninstalling the program and trying unsuccessfully to reinstall it I've reached the point realizing I need some serious help from someone who is much more clever than I am regarding computer software and this computer's registry. When trying to reinstall the Avira software would see the following and do so still when computer is turned on: "The file list contains unreachable files: rscdwld.exe (Error code 9)

:)

HalPope, Sep 22, 2018

2. Avira Antivirus removal

I'm trying to install a windows update and it asks me to remove Avira Antivirus - I can't find it on my laptop. I have tried the various options as suggested in other threads. Now what?

PeteStacey1, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program

avira antivirus

i need to uninstall avira antivirus and i have looked everywhere and can't find any suggestions

JamieJeffries, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program

1. Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall Avira

2. Avira Free Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Free Antivirus: If I want to uninstall avira free, how do I reinstall? There has avira removal tool to uninstall but no reinstall avira after uninstall avira free using the tool but malwarebytes has support tool to uninstall and reinstall but avira free don't have. I'm too lazy to go to...
  3. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  4. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  5. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. avira antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    avira antivirus: Can someone help me remove/uninstall this program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/7ac5c7bf-c69c-4648-b156-76977234b5a4
  7. avira antivirus

avira antivirus: update program says remove avira antivirus. cant find on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/616a7b49-8669-4ccf-be0e-d473e6440cf6
  8. I cannot remove avira antivirus after many attempts

I cannot remove avira antivirus after many attempts: Hi, I had tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to window 10 1903 version with the issue: manually uninstall avira antivirus. Upon a Marcus D's advise to download the avira cleaner.exe and 'clean' it in Safe Mode, and removed the extension from Chrome, I'm still unable to to...
  9. need to remove avira antivirus completely

need to remove avira antivirus completely: Windows 10 will not update. Says remove Avira Antivirus. It's not totally removed I guess. Need help please. JeffOwens2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-remove-avira-antivirus-completely/4d72f9cb-e983-4ae0-85d5-476283c15530
  10. Avira Antivirus

Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install update missing app avira

2. avira antivirus unable to install

3. unable to install update due to avira

4. unable to install avira,
  5. unable to uninstall avira