Windows 10: Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

Discus and support Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer with Windows 10 Enterpirse intstalled crashed. I reinstalled the latest Windows 10 Enterprise software and authenticated online. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smlrichmond, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

My computer with Windows 10 Enterpirse intstalled crashed.

I reinstalled the latest Windows 10 Enterprise software and authenticated online.

However I faild to reinstall my HP 1018 and scansnap IX500 even with the CD came with the devices.

The error message is: "Plug in the USB cable and power on your printer" even though they are plugged in and powered on at all time.

:)

smlrichmond, Sep 26, 2019
  2. john999 Win User

Printer preferences not sticking in HP Laserjet M402dn after 1803

In my thus far unsuccessful attempt to get my Epson V300 scanner to work after 1803, I uninstalled my HP Laserjet M402dn printer and associated software. When I reinstalled it without reinstalling the scanner, I found that my preferences weren't sticking. It reverts to double-sided copying and FastRes1200 after I select single-sided copying and ProRes1200. I installed the latest firmware, version 20180201 dated 3/6/2018, then downloaded the latest driver update, 16.0.17321.691 dated 1/31/2018. Nothing changed.

This is a recurring problem with HP printers that I have had before with other printers. I always got them to work by completely uninstalling everything related to printers and reinstalling, but that's not working this time.

In Devices and Printers, one picture of a printer is shown, but when you right-click on it the pop-up menu contains two sets of printer drivers for each category: HP Laserjet Pro M402-M403 n-dne PCL 6 (set as default printer) and Hewlett-Packard HP Laserjet M402dn. Remove Device removes everything. (I tried that.) The non-default driver is what you get when you connect the printer for the first time, and the default driver is the one installed by the 1/31/2018 driver download.

At least without the scanner installed and all the Epson software gone, bootup is quick and reliable.

Before continuing to tackle the scanner, I would like to get the printer working properly.

john999, Sep 26, 2019
  3. keithjr Win User
    Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Sep 26, 2019
  4. ahowardaz Win User

Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

for those who have a HP (Hewlett Packard) Laserjet 4 or Laserjet 5M I finally found how to connect up the computer to these great printers when OS is Windows 10. Follow step-by-step. This really works!! I love my old printer:

Win 7 with Win 10, and as others have reported the drivers for my older printer did not load.
    Although it is a HP Laserjet 4 plus, that appars to be not so important, other than the fact that the original cable has been replaced with one with a USB connector for my more modern laptop.

After struggling and Googling for far too much time, here is what worked very well.

--press teh Windows icon in the lower left corner
    --select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

ahowardaz, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

1. Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall laserjet

2. Reinstalling printer driver for HP 1136 MFP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling printer driver for HP 1136 MFP: I recently bought a Dell laptop in April 2019 and since then i'm been deluged with problems with windows. First the network adaptor kept switching off at its convenience. Now since today I was unable to access our printer on our group, so decided to delete and reinstall. It...
  3. Unable to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reinstall windows 10: I decided to do a reinstall of windows 10 using installation media to help clean my computer. I followed the instructions getting it onto a external usb then opening up the setup.exe, however i always get stuck having it say it is unable to reinstall as my intel RST drivers...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.: I purchased Windows 10 to use with Parallels on my Mac. I loaded it and it was running fine with Parallels, registered it using the product key. Then, for some unknown reason, Windows 10 got deleted by Parallels. Now, when I have reloaded Windows 10 and try to activate it...
  5. Unable to Reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Reinstall Windows: Hello, The laptop that I have purchased ~6 months has been acting up ever since I bought it. In fact I even ordered a replacement yet I seem to be taken aback by the same issues. Here are some problems that I have on a day-to-day basis: -the computer commonly has a BSoD....
  6. Remove HP LaserJet Printer Bloatware?

Remove HP LaserJet Printer Bloatware?: I've been naughty and installed a non-HP cartridge in my LaserJet P1005. I now get a nag screen about using a non HP cartridge when I print. I disabled the service hpsupportsolutionsframeworkservice.exe in Autoruns which stops the nag screen. The programs shown below were...
  7. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3
  8. Reinstall printer

Reinstall printer: I mistakenly removed my printer and can't get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-printer/e9c24058-783f-4e14-949c-fe27630c9e46
  9. reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????: windows 10 system. reinstalling hp 8630 printer scanner install requires wps pin where is this, how do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reinstalling-wireless-connected-hp-8630/d7a2aac2-b819-42d0-a144-548426521791
  10. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laserjet p2055dn wont print after reinstalling on windows10