Windows 10: Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

Discus and support Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer with Windows 10 Enterpirse intstalled crashed. I reinstalled the latest Windows 10 Enterprise software and authenticated online. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smlrichmond, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

My computer with Windows 10 Enterpirse intstalled crashed.

I reinstalled the latest Windows 10 Enterprise software and authenticated online.

However I faild to reinstall my HP 1018 and scansnap IX500 even with the CD came with the devices.

The error message is: "Plug in the USB cable and power on your printer" even though they are plugged in and powered on at all time.

:)

smlrichmond, Sep 26, 2019
  2. john999 Win User

Printer preferences not sticking in HP Laserjet M402dn after 1803

In my thus far unsuccessful attempt to get my Epson V300 scanner to work after 1803, I uninstalled my HP Laserjet M402dn printer and associated software. When I reinstalled it without reinstalling the scanner, I found that my preferences weren't sticking. It reverts to double-sided copying and FastRes1200 after I select single-sided copying and ProRes1200. I installed the latest firmware, version 20180201 dated 3/6/2018, then downloaded the latest driver update, 16.0.17321.691 dated 1/31/2018. Nothing changed.

This is a recurring problem with HP printers that I have had before with other printers. I always got them to work by completely uninstalling everything related to printers and reinstalling, but that's not working this time.

In Devices and Printers, one picture of a printer is shown, but when you right-click on it the pop-up menu contains two sets of printer drivers for each category: HP Laserjet Pro M402-M403 n-dne PCL 6 (set as default printer) and Hewlett-Packard HP Laserjet M402dn. Remove Device removes everything. (I tried that.) The non-default driver is what you get when you connect the printer for the first time, and the default driver is the one installed by the 1/31/2018 driver download.

At least without the scanner installed and all the Epson software gone, bootup is quick and reliable.

Before continuing to tackle the scanner, I would like to get the printer working properly.

john999, Sep 26, 2019
  3. keithjr Win User
    Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Sep 26, 2019
  4. ahowardaz Win User

Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

for those who have a HP (Hewlett Packard) Laserjet 4 or Laserjet 5M I finally found how to connect up the computer to these great printers when OS is Windows 10. Follow step-by-step. This really works!! I love my old printer:

Win 7 with Win 10, and as others have reported the drivers for my older printer did not load.
    Although it is a HP Laserjet 4 plus, that appars to be not so important, other than the fact that the original cable has been replaced with one with a USB connector for my more modern laptop.

After struggling and Googling for far too much time, here is what worked very well.

--press teh Windows icon in the lower left corner
    --select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

ahowardaz, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10...

1. Unable to reinstall my HP laserjet printer and Scansnap scanner after reinstall Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall laserjet

2. Windows 10 Updates Disable HP Laserjet Printers and Blocks Their Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updates Disable HP Laserjet Printers and Blocks Their Reinstallation: The last two Windows 10 Updates disabled my HP LaserJetPro 1212nf MFP Laser Printer. The only way to reinstall the printer with the latest drivers and installation files from HP was to first uninstall the most recent Windows 10 Updates. Removing Cumulative Updates undoubtedly...
  3. Windows 10 Updates Disable HP Laserjet Printers and Blocks Their Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updates Disable HP Laserjet Printers and Blocks Their Reinstallation: The last two Windows 10 Updates disabled my HP LaserJetPro 1212nf MFP Laser Printer. The only way to reinstall the printer with the latest drivers and installation files from HP was to first uninstall the most recent Windows 10 Updates. Removing Cumulative Updates undoubtedly...
  4. Windows 10 Updates Disable HP Laserjet Printers and Blocks Their Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now my ScanSnap S1300i will not connect anymore. I have installed and uninstalled the driver. I have turned off the antivirus software, turned off the scanner, disconnected and reconnected the USB cord, but it still won't connect.The only way it...
  6. Unable to reinstall an HP printer driver on Windows 10, versions 1709 and 1803

Unable to reinstall an HP printer driver on Windows 10, versions 1709 and 1803: If I uninstall my old HP printer driver and then try to reinstall it, the printer driver fails to install. Similarly, when Windows Update tries to install a new driver for my HP printer, the printer driver fails to install....
  7. HP 3390 LaserJet printer

HP 3390 LaserJet printer: I have a problem with my HP 3390 laserjet printer. I connected it to my new Surface laptop but cannot use it. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3390-laserjet-printer/a74a2323-12a2-4215-9d0a-5152cc121e18
  8. HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner: I have the 426fdn. Since going to Windows 10 I can find no means of adjusting the output. I am using 300 dpi but it always produces a 6MB file and will only do 3 pagestoo big How do I reduce the output size? Thanks for any help...
  9. unable to reinstalation of windows 10 on hp desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to reinstalation of windows 10 on hp desktop.: Hallo Friends, 1. issue began with Login: system asked to write PIN for Outlook.com account. which Never Had. 2.consulted Miscrosoft Support. CLEARED ALL FILES. 3.Current status. it does recognize windows 10 from USB but cannot complete process. Need help to reinstall...
  10. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed hp printer now scansnap not working

2. hp laserjet p2055dn wont print after reinstalling on windows10