Windows 10: Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

Discus and support Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a problem. Sea of Thieves started crashing on me, so after going through the usual routine updating Windows & my graphics drivers,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Creepy19776, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

Hi guys, I have a problem. Sea of Thieves started crashing on me, so after going through the usual routine updating Windows & my graphics drivers, resetting Microsoft Store, uninstalling and reinstalling the store, etc. with no success, I finally uninstalled it, thinking that something had become corrupted. However, when I go to reinstall Sea of Thieves, the Install button does nothing when I press it. No error message, no indication of a download, no nothing. The button doesn't even turn gray when clicked. It's like the button's completely dead.

Funny thing is that I tried downloading Roblox, a free game I hadn't had on here before just to test it, and the Install button worked fine, so I cancelled the installation. But when I went back to install it again, that too had stopped working. So it's literally something with either Microsoft Store or my computer that's stopping me, maybe some leftover files, maybe some sort of DRM in the games, I don't know. But SOMETHING is physically preventing me from reinstalling the game. Can someone help? I've already tried all the results listed here, as well as deleting everything related to Sea of Thieves and Roblox from the registry, and I'm now about to try looking for leftover files.

:)

Creepy19776, Jan 22, 2020

2. sea of thieves

Today I downloaded sea of thieves on my windows 10. I opened sea of thieves and it suddenly closed the game after a split second, I tried multiple times but got nothing, any suggestions?

FatFishTank, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

Unable to Install Sea Of Thieves on Solid State Drive

I had Sea of Thieves installed on my harddrive, but the load times were slow so I wanted to switch it to my solid state drive. I took the following steps.

• Uninstalled Sea of Thieves
    • Navigated to the microsoft store and selected install
    • Selected C: drive (which is my ssd) as the install location
    • After completing the download I get the error: "Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly".
    I've attempted this twice with no luck. It's a large download so it takes a long time to retry, I'm hoping for an easy resolution to get this installed on my C: drive.

Thank you,

Josh

JoshuaSmith3, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

1. Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall Sea

2. Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves: Hey there. I am 2 days into this issue and I am losing my mind. I own a PC with windows 10, and the prior owner installed Sea of Thieves through the xbox/microsoft store. It is currently sitting in my WindowsApps folder, taking up over 50 gigs of space, and I cannot get rid...
  3. Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves: Hey there. I am 2 days into this issue and I am losing my mind. I own a PC with windows 10, and the prior owner installed Sea of Thieves through the xbox/microsoft store. It is currently sitting in my WindowsApps folder, taking up over 50 gigs of space, and I cannot get rid...
  4. Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves: Hi,I am unable to install Sea od Thieves. Every time I try to install it the download errors with error code 0x80070005 and this message which isn't useful whatsoever. I've have searched online for this error code and tried the few steps I have found but nothing has worked...
  6. Reinstalling Sea of Thieves problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Sea of Thieves problem: Hi, I have a problem with Sea of Thieves installation. I previously encountered a bug that made my game crash on launch due to a corrupt file so I decided to reinstall it. The weird thing is that the Windows Store seems to install only about 30mb of game in 5 seconds. I...
  7. Unable to install Sea of Thieves

Unable to install Sea of Thieves: As the title states, I am currently unable to install Sea of Thieves, I've already tried restarting, using PowerShell, using different commands, resetting it, checking for updates, using the troubleshooter, and much more, yet nothing has worked. So as a last resort I've come...
  8. Sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves: I dont own a Xbox. I downloaded "Sea of thieves" but it takes me to xbox sign in and cant go anywhere. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/05e046b7-1e1c-4ecd-b37c-adab47c64d8c
  9. unable to purchase Sea Of Thieves

unable to purchase Sea Of Thieves: I ‘d like to purchase Sea Of Thieves but I live in Macedonia. I am aware that this game is not available for purchase on the Store because I am from Macedonia. But is there a way to purchase this game? Can I download it from other platforms?...
  10. Sea of thieves

Sea of thieves: I bought sea of thieves for pc and xbox but I don't know how to download it for pc, pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/a3ba58b5-5e5c-4c6e-b0dc-691bbfe74fdb"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activating sea of theives after windows reinstal