Windows 10: Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

Discus and support Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ssd crashed. Installed new ssd. Created usb drive with windows 10 from microsoft.com. Would not boot from usb. Got unable to recognize or create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cliffdippel, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

ssd crashed. Installed new ssd. Created usb drive with windows 10 from microsoft.com. Would not boot from usb. Got unable to recognize or create partition errors. Tried multiple boot orders. Finally reloaded windows 7 (the most recent upgrade that I still had media for). Able to boot, tried to upgrade back to windows 10. Unable to upgrade without key.

:)

cliffdippel, Jun 13, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Hi Ralph,

Regarding your concern about changing the hard drive, you can definitely reinstall Windows 10 and activate it after changing your HDD to SSD. We suggest that you

back up your files
    in your SSD. You can use the Windows 10 USB, you can also follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in this
    forum article
    . This will give you steps on how to install Windows using media creation tool or directly using your web browser.

In line with your license concern, it should be activated after you reinstall Windows 10 on the same desktop even after you made the hardware change. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to re-activate Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

1. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall ssd

2. Unable to allocate SSD storage after recent reinstall of Windows 10. HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to allocate SSD storage after recent reinstall of Windows 10. HELP!: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my new PC as it was not in English and I wanted to use Windows English. After reinstalling Windows to my SSD, I found that I cannot allocate the remaining SSD storage space through Disk Management. If I try to allocate space, it gives me...
  3. Unable to allocate SSD storage after recent reinstall of Windows 10. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to allocate SSD storage after recent reinstall of Windows 10. HELP!: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my new PC as it was not in English and I wanted to use Windows English. After reinstalling Windows to my SSD, I found that I cannot allocate the remaining SSD storage space through Disk Management. If I try to allocate space, it gives me...
  4. Unable to allocate SSD storage after recent reinstall of Windows 10. HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  6. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after reinstall win 10 on ssd: i had a ssd with win 10 on and a second hdd disk. with all the games on, i discounted the hdd before installing win10 to the ssd, after reinstalling win 10 on a ssd i reconnected the hdd but it says it cant not read it and needs to reformate tried changing drive letters...
  7. after reinstall win 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reinstalling windows after crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling windows after crashing: So, I was installing my graphics drivers, and it said ran out of space. I checked and there was 3gb of space left. I decided maybe I should move pagefile, so I went do system settings and did so. Then, I restarted my pc. I ended up with system recovery not working messages...
  9. Reinstall windows 10 after cloning to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 after cloning to SSD: So I recently bought an M.2 SSD and cloned Windows 10 from my HDD to the SSD but I'm not quite happy with the PC's performance yet. How should I go about reinstalling Windows 10 to the SSD? I've already made the USB Windows 10 bootable drive. submitted by /u/WuMethNRed...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 after ssd died

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 after ssd died: Hello, My ssd died last week. My new one will arrive tomorrow. But I don't know how i can recover my windows 10. It was a windows 7 upgrade to 10. (And I can't find the windows 7 key ..) I never linked my windows license to an outlook account i think, so I don't know...