Windows 10: Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

Discus and support Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ssd crashed. Installed new ssd. Created usb drive with windows 10 from microsoft.com. Would not boot from usb. Got unable to recognize or create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cliffdippel, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:52 AM.

1. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

ssd crashed. Installed new ssd. Created usb drive with windows 10 from microsoft.com. Would not boot from usb. Got unable to recognize or create partition errors. Tried multiple boot orders. Finally reloaded windows 7 (the most recent upgrade that I still had media for). Able to boot, tried to upgrade back to windows 10. Unable to upgrade without key.

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:53 AM
  4. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Hi Ralph,

Regarding your concern about changing the hard drive, you can definitely reinstall Windows 10 and activate it after changing your HDD to SSD. We suggest that you

back up your files
    in your SSD. You can use the Windows 10 USB, you can also follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in this
    forum article
    . This will give you steps on how to install Windows using media creation tool or directly using your web browser.

In line with your license concern, it should be activated after you reinstall Windows 10 on the same desktop even after you made the hardware change. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to re-activate Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Thema:

Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash

1. Unable to reinstall windows 10 after ssd crash - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall ssd

2. Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD: Hi, My old SSD (with windows 10 installed) is not big enough, so I bought a new one, Samsung 970 EVO with NVMe. After cloning my old SSD to the new one using Clonezilla and replacing the SSD, I was not able to boot to Windows. I selected the Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS...
  3. REINSTALLING Windows on an SSD

REINSTALLING Windows on an SSD: Hi, I'm aware that this is a common topic, but I just wanna be assured of what am gonna do is correct. I have window 10 installed on my HDD, I want to move it to my SSD. I prefer a clean install rather than cloning it. I have windows on the DVD that came with the license...
  4. Reinstallation of Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstallation of Windows 10 on new SSD: I’ve purchased a new SSD and want to move the OS to the SSD. I also want to use my old TB hard drive as the backup. I wonder if I can get the upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 7 because I previously kept OS on my old TB drive. Is it possible not to reinstall the OS back onto...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 after ssd died

Reinstalling Windows 10 after ssd died: Hello, My ssd died last week. My new one will arrive tomorrow. But I don't know how i can recover my windows 10. It was a windows 7 upgrade to 10. (And I can't find the windows 7 key ..) I never linked my windows license to an outlook account i think, so I don't know...
  6. Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.

Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.: I purchased Windows 10 to use with Parallels on my Mac. I loaded it and it was running fine with Parallels, registered it using the product key. Then, for some unknown reason, Windows 10 got deleted by Parallels. Now, when I have reloaded Windows 10 and try to activate it...
  7. reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased: I was letting my computer update itself and the power went off and when power came on I lost everything on computer and I can't reinstall windows because I was using Windows 10 after a free upgrade. My Dell computer had windows 8.1 factory install but now its gone too. I...
  8. Freezing/Hitching after reinstallation on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing/Hitching after reinstallation on SSD: For the sake of context, I am going to share every single issue I have had previously prior to where I am now, as they may be related in some way. Currently, my issue is that after having reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, I am experiencing freezing,...
  9. SSD not detected after crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not detected after crash: Hello Just recently I had this weird issue. My PC crashed (with BSOD) and brought me to the BIOS for some reason. I saw then that my SSD dissapeared from the boot menu. I shutdown my computer and restarted it and was able to boot back in, but a blipping white dash appeared...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD: I have an Asus UX32LN which was upgraded to WIndows 10. I want to replace the HDD to SSD. If I install the Windows 10 in the new SSD, where will I get the product key? Thank you! 22125