Windows 10: Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors?

Discus and support Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, everyone! I've just been given my girlfriend's Notebook to 'have a quick look at some issues'. I'm not overly competent with Windows, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CatOnButter, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors?

Hello, everyone!

I've just been given my girlfriend's Notebook to 'have a quick look at some issues'.

I'm not overly competent with Windows, but I can usually help myself. This, however, has me stumped:

Initial Situation:

Apparently, the system had some issues and a recovery was tried but couldn't follow through. Then, a complete reinstallation via a bootable USB device was attempted, but this also didn't work out. This is not an issue of data management. There is no important data left which, given the situation, is a bit of a relief.

Goals:

- To ascertain that the HDD isn't faulty.

- To install Windows 10

Points of trouble:

• Windows Setup cannot complete its installation process. Creating a partition fails after confirming that additional partitions may have to be allocated, the setup seems to fizzle out. Possible solutions tried: Restarting, refreshing 'format' and 'delete' are greyed out. The screen only shows the one build-in disk with entirely unallocated space
    • Trying to continuing the setup without setting up partitions fails also, running into error code 0x80300024. Possible solutions tried: see below

From here on, I figured something had gone awry with either old configuration files, corrupted files, partitions, or something related.

• I ran diskpart. Only one harddrive and my usb drive, I muse listed. I tried to partition it [create partition primary], which ran into a data error CRC-check
    • Thinking there might've been some old issues with the former installation, I tried to format manually via diskpart, but the [list volume] returned nothing only listing the apparently defunct DVD drive and the USB port.

Thus, I figured there could be an issue with bad sectors or something comparable.

• I ran checkdisk via the command prompt [checkdisk /r /f] which ran into a readonly error. I tried every fix I knew of and one I'd googled checkdisk /r /f /x, diskpart: attributes disk clear readonly, registry: insert StorageDevicePolicies Key into HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM.../Control and set WriteProtect to 0.

This didn't fix the issue.
    Now I am left with a disk I cannot install Windows on, cannot format, cannot check for errors.

Again, I freely admit that I'm hardly even a layman at solving computer issues. But what little expertise I have has been exhausted.

So, my question is: Is this a hardware issue? Are there other things I can try?

Looking forward to your help. And thanks in advance

~

:)

CatOnButter, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Apr 3, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors?

1. Unable to reinstall Windows 10 via bootable USB Disk/Partition Errors? - Similar Threads - Unable reinstall via

2. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...
  3. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...
  4. Unable to install windows 10 via a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install windows 10 via a USB: I have windows 10 installed on my USB, however whenever I boot up in through it nothing happens and it boots up into my current OS instead of it trying to boot up into the windows 10 installation menu.Everything is formatted correctly and is fine the way it's supposed to be....
  5. Windows 10 deleted the partition of hard disk connected via usb and makes it unallocated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 deleted the partition of hard disk connected via usb and makes it unallocated: The SATA Hard disk on my laptop had Windows 11 installed on it. But recently the operating system failed to boot. Before I could install the operating system again, I had to back up all my data. In order to do this, I connected the hard disk via a usb connector to a laptop...
  6. Windows 10 deleted the partition of hard disk connected via usb and makes it unallocated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 deleted the partition of hard disk connected via usb and makes it unallocated: The SATA Hard disk on my laptop had Windows 11 installed on it. But recently the operating system failed to boot. Before I could install the operating system again, I had to back up all my data. In order to do this, I connected the hard disk via a usb connector to a laptop...
  7. Will reinstalling windows 10 via bootable usb installer fix white screen issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will reinstalling windows 10 via bootable usb installer fix white screen issues?: I've tried almost every solution to fix my laptop's white screen, I can't boot into safe mode, task manager and I can't even reset my PC thru recovery mode, reinstalling windows is my last resort. Can anyone tell me if this will work or if there is any other options?...
  8. Can I update Windows 10 via bootable USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I update Windows 10 via bootable USB: Hi everyone, I running on 1903 version.I want to update windows 10 by creating a bootable USB like I would use for a fresh install.I cannot download the whole update in one go so updating directly is not possible for me.So, is it possible for me to use the windows 10 iso file...
  9. Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?: Hello :) I'm not an expert with computers and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I was told by a technician in a store that I can do this with a USB stick. Is this true, and if so how? I would like to have a clean reinstall of Windows so that my laptop...
  10. How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?: Hi! I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into. So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive... I want to leave CD away and create from this bootable partition on harddisk and will have access to OS directly without CD.. Is it...