Windows 10: Unable to Reinstall Windows

Discus and support Unable to Reinstall Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The laptop that I have purchased ~6 months has been acting up ever since I bought it. In fact I even ordered a replacement yet I seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moderig, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Moderig Win User

Unable to Reinstall Windows

Hello,

The laptop that I have purchased ~6 months has been acting up ever since I bought it. In fact I even ordered a replacement yet I seem to be taken aback by the same issues. Here are some problems that I have on a day-to-day basis:

-the computer commonly has a BSoD. It's usually when I turn the laptop on after it had been on sleep mode for the night. I am unsure of what the problem files were because I forgot to write them down.

-it has sometimes slowed down and frozen for no real reason.

-likely the biggest issue of all, considering this product was listed as a 'gaming' laptop -- when I play x game, my FPS is usually 300. However, starting last month, x game now has 11-60 FPS for no apparent reason. I tried reinstalling my GPU drivers to no avail. I also restarted numerous time and the issue still stands. The performance for x game applies to every other game. It's as if my laptop performs 10x less now.

-when I load up games, the files are not registered. For example if I want to boot up x game, I will be told that the file is not found and needs to be downloaded. When I do download the files, they finally register the preexisting game files. This is a minor inconvenience.

I am not sure whether this would be a manufacturing problem (hardware, defects) or a corrupted Windows 10. If extra information is needed to determine this, my current laptop is the Acer Predator G3-571.

By default, I tried to reset my laptop. However, I receive an error, saying that no changes were made. I looked up on a few videos on how to fix this issue, but nothing has worked so far. I tried to create a media installation tool, but I was not able to do anything. I had an option to "delete" my hard drives, but I had read a comment which said that their computer had been turned obselete by this option (no Wi-Fi, audio). From former experiences, I learned that the OS is stored in the hard drive, and thus, replacing the hard drive would technically remove Windows 10. Would this option be viable?

I'm not really sure what to do. All my games run slow and the laptop is consistenly crashing/freezing. My laptop is up-to-date. What should I do?

:)

Moderig, Dec 6, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to Reinstall Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 6, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Reinstall Windows - Similar Threads - Unable Reinstall

2. Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after reinstallation.: I purchased Windows 10 to use with Parallels on my Mac. I loaded it and it was running fine with Parallels, registered it using the product key. Then, for some unknown reason, Windows 10 got deleted by Parallels. Now, when I have reloaded Windows 10 and try to activate it...
  3. Unable to reinstall Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Minecraft Windows 10 edition: Hello, A friend recently told me to play mincraft again with him but on the Windows 10 edition because it was easier to manage multiplayer games. The fact is that I claimed the game the 21 of april 2018 and didn't fully made the installation. So now, I have a used gift...
  4. Unable to reinstall windows store Windows 10 1607

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to reinstall windows store Windows 10 1607: My Apps cache is empty (deleted) C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Deleted but all the original packages are still there in: C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe I can Get-AppxPackage with an Elevated PowerShell command and get a long...
  5. Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reinstall Avira antivirus software after removing corrupted program: Program would not fully update. When proceeding to update at around 60% or thereabouts would see : "Updating -2147483648%" This went on for several weeks with no real slow down in this computer's performance but never updating the anti virus files either. Then after...
  6. Unable to Reinstall Visual C++ Redistribution 2013 and other software

Unable to Reinstall Visual C++ Redistribution 2013 and other software: Hello! Hello! This sounds like an apple problem but it isn't trust me. So this all started this morning. I was on my PC (Win 10 latest update) pursuing iTunes for some music, I went to purchase and lo and behold I had to verify my billing data (which I couldn't do...
  7. Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings: Here the list of my "not working stuff": - Microsoft Store - opens only loading screen and then shuts down - Windows defender - i can see he is turned on but the window is not opening - SFC-Scan - same like the two abow - MediaCreationTool1803 - i wanted to create a...
  8. Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop (64 bit OS) using Windows 10 Home. I was recently forced to first attempt to repair and then finally restore Windows 10 using a downloaded ISO file. The restore was successfully completed, and most of my files were retained;...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives: My computer (HP Envy h8-1534) has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where do...
  10. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall: Hi all. I'm not completely inexperienced with regards to Windows but in this case I am utterly stumped. Following the installation of the latest big Windows Update ( now 1803: 17134.167) like a fool I removed the old backup because it was 30Gb Unfortunately, that was...