Windows 10: Unable to Reinstall Windows

Discus and support Unable to Reinstall Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The laptop that I have purchased ~6 months has been acting up ever since I bought it. In fact I even ordered a replacement yet I seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moderig, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Moderig Win User

Unable to Reinstall Windows

Hello,

The laptop that I have purchased ~6 months has been acting up ever since I bought it. In fact I even ordered a replacement yet I seem to be taken aback by the same issues. Here are some problems that I have on a day-to-day basis:

-the computer commonly has a BSoD. It's usually when I turn the laptop on after it had been on sleep mode for the night. I am unsure of what the problem files were because I forgot to write them down.

-it has sometimes slowed down and frozen for no real reason.

-likely the biggest issue of all, considering this product was listed as a 'gaming' laptop -- when I play x game, my FPS is usually 300. However, starting last month, x game now has 11-60 FPS for no apparent reason. I tried reinstalling my GPU drivers to no avail. I also restarted numerous time and the issue still stands. The performance for x game applies to every other game. It's as if my laptop performs 10x less now.

-when I load up games, the files are not registered. For example if I want to boot up x game, I will be told that the file is not found and needs to be downloaded. When I do download the files, they finally register the preexisting game files. This is a minor inconvenience.

I am not sure whether this would be a manufacturing problem (hardware, defects) or a corrupted Windows 10. If extra information is needed to determine this, my current laptop is the Acer Predator G3-571.

By default, I tried to reset my laptop. However, I receive an error, saying that no changes were made. I looked up on a few videos on how to fix this issue, but nothing has worked so far. I tried to create a media installation tool, but I was not able to do anything. I had an option to "delete" my hard drives, but I had read a comment which said that their computer had been turned obselete by this option (no Wi-Fi, audio). From former experiences, I learned that the OS is stored in the hard drive, and thus, replacing the hard drive would technically remove Windows 10. Would this option be viable?

I'm not really sure what to do. All my games run slow and the laptop is consistenly crashing/freezing. My laptop is up-to-date. What should I do?

:)

Moderig, Dec 6, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to Reinstall Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 6, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Reinstall Windows - Similar Threads - Unable Reinstall

2. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os: Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB...
  3. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os: Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB...
  4. unable to reinstall windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to reinstall windows 11: something happened and i have decided to start afresh with a clean reinstall. However, when i use a USB drive created with the media creation tool, I go through the first pages and click on 'install', it asks for the disk drivers. I navigate to them on a separate USB drive,...
  5. unable to reinstall windows 11

unable to reinstall windows 11: something happened and i have decided to start afresh with a clean reinstall. However, when i use a USB drive created with the media creation tool, I go through the first pages and click on 'install', it asks for the disk drivers. I navigate to them on a separate USB drive,...
  6. unable to activate windows after reinstall no written key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to activate windows after reinstall no written key: i reinstalled win10 after infection bot never recorded my key ...licience https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-after-reinstall-no/c961b5a4-bbb7-4820-b0d7-a7b425160a5f
  7. unable to activate windows after reinstall no written key

unable to activate windows after reinstall no written key: i reinstalled win10 after infection bot never recorded my key ...licience https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-after-reinstall-no/c961b5a4-bbb7-4820-b0d7-a7b425160a5f
  8. unable to activate windows after reinstall no written key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 - NTFS.sys BSOD upon startup everytime. Unable to boot into ISO usb to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - NTFS.sys BSOD upon startup everytime. Unable to boot into ISO usb to reinstall: I already have windows 11 installed and working perfectly on an M.2 ssd. Today I was replacing the cpu cooler with a new one, I removed the cpu to more easily clean off the old thermal paste and reinstalled everything. Upon boot, I see the windows logo and then it promptly...
  10. Windows 11 - NTFS.sys BSOD upon startup everytime. Unable to boot into ISO usb to reinstall

Windows 11 - NTFS.sys BSOD upon startup everytime. Unable to boot into ISO usb to reinstall: I already have windows 11 installed and working perfectly on an M.2 ssd. Today I was replacing the cpu cooler with a new one, I removed the cpu to more easily clean off the old thermal paste and reinstalled everything. Upon boot, I see the windows logo and then it promptly...