Windows 10: Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping

Discus and support Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of my colleagues is having an issue while WFH. He's able to connect to the company VPN, but two machines are unable to remote into the RDS server.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pedro Vieira3, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping

One of my colleagues is having an issue while WFH. He's able to connect to the company VPN, but two machines are unable to remote into the RDS server. I get a successful ping but cannot telnet to it either. Currently have 4 other people signed in and I tried as the user and was also able to successfully sign in. User is currently connected to his wireless network at home. Could it be an ISP issue? Both machines are on Windows 11 22H2. The two machines I tested with are also Windows 11 on 22H2. The other users are on Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Pedro Vieira3, Feb 1, 2023

2. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24.

We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers (192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping 110). The files are stored on .75. 75 cannot ping 159 and 159 cannot ping 75. So we can't access files from 159.

When I run tracert 192.168.1.75 from 159 it just says "Destination host unreachable" and that's it. No hops at all. Same the other way (from 159 to 75 same message).

I'm at a loss at what else to try! I can surf the web from all the machines and print from all the machines to the network printer.

Any suggestions how to fix this? I have already tried to reset the network connections on 159 with no new progress.

ISDPCMAN(2), Feb 1, 2023
  3. Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Feb 1, 2023
  4. saadq12 Win User

Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping

Can't Remote Desktop Into PC even after PRO Upgrade

Hi all, I am wondering if someone can help me get Remote Desktop working. Here is the problem:
    I have a brand new Acer Desktop PC that came with Windows 10 Home, after unsuccessfully trying to get remote desktop working on Home I eventually bought the upgrade to Pro.
    The PC upgraded to Pro but I am still unable to connect to the PC via Remote Desktop Connection.
    I am sure the IP is correct is because I can ping the PC from another PC on the same network and I get a reply back successfully.
    I have tried several steps and procedures found via google(changing services properties, disabling firewall, allowing RDP etc...) but nothing is working.
    Currently I am resetting the computer back to default in hopes this fixes any issues I may have caused during my troubleshooting
    Any ideas/suggestions that you guys have that got Remote Desktop Connection working would be great, thanks in advance!

saadq12, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping

1. Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping - Similar Threads - Unable remote machine

2. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  3. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  4. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  5. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  6. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remote to machine but can successfully ping: One of my colleagues is having an issue while WFH. He's able to connect to the company VPN, but two machines are unable to remote into the RDS server. I get a successful ping but cannot telnet to it either. Currently have 4 other people signed in and I tried as the user and...
  8. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  9. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  10. Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers): Version 2004 I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable. I had enabled file / print sharing across these and was able to access files on the hard drives on the respective PCs. Yesterday I replaced...