Windows 10: Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Discus and support Unable to remove a child from Family Group in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve Salowitz1, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below.

:)

Steve Salowitz1, Jul 6, 2022

2. Can't remove child from Family group

Hi again Elise,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve tried your suggestion of adding my wife to the group, but unfortunately we now have an extra layer of complication: she has tried to work around me not being able to remove a child from the group by creating her own group, so she is now unable to join my group.

Just to be clear, though, I’m fairly sure my wife was not a member of the original group to begin with.

If there a way I can simply remove the whole family group?

Regards,

David.

DavidAtkins6, Jul 6, 2022
  3. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Jul 6, 2022
Thema:

Unable to remove a child from Family Group

1. Unable to remove a child from Family Group - Similar Threads - Unable remove child

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  4. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  8. Can't remove child from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  9. Can't remove child from Family group

Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  10. Can't remove child from Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety