Windows 10: Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to remove a Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to remove the Microsoft account for my work from my personal laptop, I am being asked to login to my work account. But, I no longer work for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eviva95, Oct 15, 2018.

1. eviva95 Win User

Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

When I try to remove the Microsoft account for my work from my personal laptop, I am being asked to login to my work account. But, I no longer work for that company and my account has already been deleted.

How can I remove that account from my laptop?

:)

eviva95, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

1. Unable to remove a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable remove Microsoft

2. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  3. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  4. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  6. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  7. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to remove a microsoft account from my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a microsoft account from my computer: My brother recently logged into his microsoft account on my computer in order to do some work and now I cannot remove his account from my computer. For some reason his account tries to log into things instead of mine and his name is listed in my settings and under my account...
  9. Unable to remove a microsoft account from my profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a microsoft account from my profile.: I recently signed into my microsoft account store app to install a game i had, but noticed my computer profile picture was turned into my microsoft account picture, and my outlook account was attached to it as well. i tried to remove it the way the instructions told me to,...
  10. Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10: I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by...