Windows 10: Unable to remove a phantom monitor

Discus and support Unable to remove a phantom monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SjoSki, Sep 23, 2019.

1. SjoSki Win User

Unable to remove a phantom monitor

I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4.

Of course, my problem is windows is putting items on this non-existing monitor. By playing with my display settings I was able to kick all my windows to my primary monitor. However, this problem is probably going to persist until I rid myself of this phantom monitor.

I think I've tried every trick in the book to delete, but apparently not. I would appreciate any input. This problem is dragging my productivity to a stand still.

:)

SjoSki, Sep 23, 2019

2. N95:8GB Phantom Access Point

Hi Folks

After I upgraded my Nokia N95 8GB to the latest firmware it has inherited a new 'access point' - this is listed when I want to choose which method of connection when Im checking email but yet when I go into the settings menu to try and delete it - the phantom
    access point is not there; all the other ones are there but its missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might remove this phantom access point from the selection list when I attempt to connect

Many thanks in advance

abigsavage---01, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to remove a phantom monitor - Similar Threads - Unable remove phantom

2. The case of the phantom monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The case of the phantom monitor: Win 11. I had a larger second monitor for my laptop that was extended above the laptop via display settings. I swapped it out for a smaller portable monitor that I extended to the left of the laptop. Then I opened an app that displayed on the laptop screen primary display for...
  3. The case of the phantom monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The case of the phantom monitor: Win 11. I had a larger second monitor for my laptop that was extended above the laptop via display settings. I swapped it out for a smaller portable monitor that I extended to the left of the laptop. Then I opened an app that displayed on the laptop screen primary display for...
  4. Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu: After I quit a game in which I was using a controller. When I try to access the start menu or any windows menu, it seems like a directional button is being pressed meaning I cannot access anything on the menu due to this input. I have tried to use both keyboard and controller...
  5. Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu: After I quit a game in which I was using a controller. When I try to access the start menu or any windows menu, it seems like a directional button is being pressed meaning I cannot access anything on the menu due to this input. I have tried to use both keyboard and controller...
  6. Phantom Drive that can be accessed but not removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phantom Drive that can be accessed but not removed: https://i.imgur.com/HsD1VRa.jpg I have a phantom drive (K:) that says it's my CD-ROM, but it's not. My CD-ROM (BD) is G:. clicking on the drive in explorer opens it and I can access files within it - however - all disk utilities that I have tried show no drive K at all...
  7. Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove: I changed the Bluetooth adapter on a computer recently, and some old devices showed up in Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices. They refuse to go away using remove device. I would really like to never see these non existent devices....
  8. can't remove second phantom user at login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't remove second phantom user at login: Hi All, I've got a problem I can't wrap my head around. I am giving my laptop to a young person and can't remove a phantom second user that popped up after I supposedly removed all of my info from Windows 10 ver. 2004. I have deleted the laptop from my microsoft account's...
  9. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...
  10. A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management

A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management: There is no drive assigned. I wonder what it refers to? I've checked the registry but can't figure it out. How would I remove it? [img] 40439

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i delete a phantom monitor windows 10