Windows 10: Unable to remove a phantom monitor

Discus and support Unable to remove a phantom monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SjoSki, Sep 23, 2019.

1. SjoSki Win User

Unable to remove a phantom monitor

I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4.

Of course, my problem is windows is putting items on this non-existing monitor. By playing with my display settings I was able to kick all my windows to my primary monitor. However, this problem is probably going to persist until I rid myself of this phantom monitor.

I think I've tried every trick in the book to delete, but apparently not. I would appreciate any input. This problem is dragging my productivity to a stand still.

:)

SjoSki, Sep 23, 2019

2. N95:8GB Phantom Access Point

Hi Folks

After I upgraded my Nokia N95 8GB to the latest firmware it has inherited a new 'access point' - this is listed when I want to choose which method of connection when Im checking email but yet when I go into the settings menu to try and delete it - the phantom
    access point is not there; all the other ones are there but its missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might remove this phantom access point from the selection list when I attempt to connect

Many thanks in advance

abigsavage---01, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to remove a phantom monitor - Similar Threads - Unable remove phantom

2. phantom networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom networks: I have been getting phantom networks appearing such as douglas and another named full_biscuit what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-networks/b3845944-ef49-4176-9e39-0457ea3175fc
  3. Unable to Extend Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Extend Monitors: I have a HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-bq0. It has only one video port - HDMI. I have attached a HDMI Splitter box, and it enables me to connect 2 Monitors. The problem is that it displays mirrored only, displaying the same picture on both screens. When I go to the Display...
  4. Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  5. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...
  6. remove cursor on monitor

remove cursor on monitor: i have a laptop and a second monitor using windows 10. I have one cursors on both screens, how do i remove cursor on second monitor so i only have the cursor on my laptop?...
  7. phantom homegroup

phantom homegroup: the last time I upgraded to 1703 on my desktop I had an issue with homegroups. It said I could join a homegroup that was created by myself on my desktop. I reverted to 1607. So MS sort of forced the issue months later - like last night - and I let it update. Same problem....
  8. A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management

A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management: There is no drive assigned. I wonder what it refers to? I've checked the registry but can't figure it out. How would I remove it? [img] 40439
  9. Phantom hardware

Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758
  10. Phantom Drives?

Phantom Drives?: How can I get rid of these "phantom drives"? 18469