Windows 10: Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello - I am working with an end user to resolve an issue with an icon that appears in the hidden tray. The icon appears when the the application is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omarjohnson231, May 9, 2019.

1. Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

Hello -

I am working with an end user to resolve an issue with an icon that appears in the hidden tray. The icon appears when the the application is launched and for some reason, when the end user is running automated tests, the icon will begin to morph into multiple icons which impacts the tests. If you connect to the PC, you can hover over the multiple icons which will force them to disappear but this is far from being an ideal workaround.

I've attempted to resolve this issue by going into Settings/Personalization/Taskbar/ but most of the options apply only to icons that appear on the taskbar and not within the hidden icons section. I can drag/drop the icon directly onto the taskbar from the hidden icons section but when I go back to the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" section, it reappears back within the hidden icons section.

To make things even more challenging, the software in question is homegrown and there's no information online.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

omarjohnson231, May 9, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 9, 2019
  3. sagent Win User
    How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in WIndows 7 Notificati​on Area Icons?

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in Windows 7 Notification Area Icons?

Windows 7 Taskbar
    Notifcation Area
    Show hidden icons (triangle)
    Customize...
    RealTemp.exe <==== How do I remove this please? (I don't want to see this as an option)

Thank you!

sagent, May 9, 2019
  4. Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

Why is the Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows 10?

Hi.

I am using a HP Envy with Windows 10. Safety remove icon missing and I can not safely remove my IPhone.

I have read that other members of the forum have had the same problem of the Safety remove icon not showing. I followed all the steps suggested by Microsoft link and by pclicious.com. I also created a shortcut on the desk and still no chance for me safety
    remove the IPhone. I add a Galaxy Note II and still the icon was not showing. Then I added a WD external store drive and the icon suddenly appeared. It was showing not only the WD external store but the Galaxy too. However the iPhone was not in the list.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Zoraida

Zoraida Quintero-Hardie, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

1. Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable remove show

2. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  3. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  4. hidden icons shows the wrong icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hidden icons shows the wrong icons: all my apps are shown as windows icons what to do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons-shows-the-wrong-icons/81811e57-c7b6-45ab-a322-423ba27e939c
  5. How to add or remove icons from the "show hidden icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add or remove icons from the "show hidden icons": right now i only see ccleaner and nvidia icon on my hidden icons in the taskbar and i cant find where to add or remove icons from there. under task manager/startup i see ccleaner there but no other programs. right now i only want to add avira antivirus to my hidden icons and...
  6. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  7. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  8. Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Hello - I am working with an end user to resolve an issue with an icon that appears in the hidden tray. The icon appears when the the application is launched and for some reason, when the end user is running automated tests, the icon will begin to morph into multiple...
  9. How to remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove hidden icons: ok so i have googled this problem but all i can find is several different links on how to choose what icons that appeasr on your taskbar and thats not what i wanna do. i wanna close down or at least hide the programs that i have in my hidden icons area how do i do that?...
  10. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102