Windows 10: Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present?

Discus and support Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I plugged in a colleagues USB drive the other day and it had a bunch of different viruses on it (from Windows 7). Anyway, now I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brendan Eager, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present?

Hello all,

I plugged in a colleagues USB drive the other day and it had a bunch of different viruses on it (from Windows 7).

Anyway, now I don't have the drive any more (where the files were located), but the (2) viruses are still showing as "active" and that actions are required.
    I've tried "quarantine" them in Windows Defender, but nothing happens, and trying to "remove" them just has the loading bar go on forever until the computer is restarted.
    I don't want to click to "allow" them.

I cleared the history, but it only removed earlier removed/quarantined detections; these two stayed.

How can I get them manually off the list, so I am not notified that actions are required any more?
    I've attached some screenshots.

Thank you in advance,
    Brendan.

Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present? 51ad3457-3a1c-4893-94ae-3f97ed838e8f?upload=true.png

Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present? e67e5f03-9207-4ddf-91cb-70fb2c061d35?upload=true.png
    Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present? 0666411d-a726-4227-b7c8-6ab1049fd5b9?upload=true.png

:)

Brendan Eager, Jan 16, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present?

trojan:win32/maltule.c!cl virus is unable to be removed from computer

Hello Mahroof,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in Windows regarding the virus infections. We will help you.

I suggest you to use Windows Defender Offline in Safe mode and remove the virus and check if the issue is resolved.

Windows Defender Offline is a stand-alone tool that comes preloaded with the latest antimalware updates. It works outside of Windows, which means it can catch and clean infections that hide themselves when Windows is running.

• Go to another PC that isn’t infected and download Windows Defender Offline.

• Insert a blank USB flash drive or CD into the PC, and then run the Windows Defender Offline file that you just downloaded.

• You will be prompted to install Windows Defender Offline to the blank USB flash drive or CD.

• After you’ve installed Windows Defender Offline onto the USB flash drive or CD, insert it into your infected PC and
      restart in Safe Mode. You will be prompted to start the Windows Defender Offline tool.
    The following articles may help if you're having trouble getting the tool to work:

After you've used Windows Defender Offline, you should make sure your security software is up to date and run a full scan:

Even if we've already detected and removed this particular threat, running a full scan might find other malware that is hiding on your PC.

Please post to us if the virus issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present?

1. Unable to "remove" "active" virus in Windows Defender as USB drive is no longer present? - Similar Threads - Unable remove active

2. Windows 11: Unable to remove USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Unable to remove USB hard drive: I have seen similar posts with this same question and I haven't seen any solutions. The only way I can disconnect a USB hard drive safely is buy shutting down my computer and turning the power off or pulling the plug. I have three corrupted drives for my efforsts so far. This...
  3. Windows 11: Unable to remove USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Unable to remove USB hard drive: I have seen similar posts with this same question and I haven't seen any solutions. The only way I can disconnect a USB hard drive safely is buy shutting down my computer and turning the power off or pulling the plug. I have three corrupted drives for my efforsts so far. This...
  4. Store no longer present in Windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store no longer present in Windows: I reset and remove everything on the PC resulting in huge problem. My store is no longer present in my Windows. Please help my Windows 10 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-no-longer-present-in-windows/c684020a-35cd-44f4-aade-798c7c541223
  5. I am unable to remove a virus with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to remove a virus with windows defender: So when I click remove, nothing happens, no matter how many times I press "remove", it doesn't let me remove itI click "remove" and the tab just closes, but once I click on it again its still there...
  6. Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.AUE!MTB virus.

Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.AUE!MTB virus.: Dear Team,I have all latest updates of windows defender and am using Windows 10. I did a full scan repeatedly and Windows Defender is showing message Severe Threats Found with the virus named as Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.AUE!MTB. I am trying to remove it from the defender. I am...
  7. Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus: Dear Team, I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates for Windows Defender. Windows Defender suddenly showing a message Threats Found. When I am opening the defender it is showing the virus name as Trojan: Win 32/Detplock virus. I am trying to remove it from the...
  8. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware: Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a...
  9. Unable to Remove this Virus

Unable to Remove this Virus: In my windows security under virus and threat protection any time I scan for threats I get the same thing. It says: Virus:Win32/Mofksys.B -Severe But anytime I try to remove the threat and take actions nothing happens. It just lets me scan again and its still...
  10. window defender failed to remove virus

window defender failed to remove virus: I had .KRAB extension virus on my computer which couldnt be detected or removed by window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-protectwindows8_1/window-defender-failed-to-remove-virus/f47a25bd-e243-408c-8235-e8aaa4598a0a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender unable to remove remove active virus