Windows 10: Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe

Discus and support Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After reading an article in "Ask Woody" I downloaded from oldergeeks.com a program called Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe which is designed to seek out &... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lionel Beck, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe

After reading an article in "Ask Woody" I downloaded from oldergeeks.com a program called Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe which is designed to seek out & remove 'detritus' or remnants of old antivirus programs lurking on the PC. I ran it and it didn't find anything untoward, so I decided to uninstall it. I couldn't because it didn't appear in my list of installed apps/programs. So I tried a straight deletion. The icon disappeared from my Desktop but five minutes later popped up again, this time as a plain white rectangle. minutes later popped up again, this time as a plain white rectangle. Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe 23633942-f55c-4a97-9471-d3de52bb18b8?upload=true.jpg

See part of my Desktop above. Every attempt to delete it, or even hide it in another folder met with the message that I didn't have permission. I tried running it as Administrator, but it would no longer run. So I'm stuck with this annoying icon that does nothing. I asked oldergeeks.com about it and I got this advice back .. "It's a portable program. You just delete the folder you unzipped it to. Nothing was installed on your computer. You can't just delete the zipped file you downloaded, you have to delete where you unzipped it."

Well, I had unzipped it direct to the Desktop. Am I supposed to delete the Desktop? Is there any way I can get rid of this thing? Whatever is left of it is still about 1 Mb.

:)

Lionel Beck, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe

1. Unable to remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool.exe - Similar Threads - Unable remove Antivirus_Removal_Tool

2. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  3. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  4. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  5. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  6. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Winload exe. Unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload exe. Unable to boot: Hi. i am getting a blue screen containing this error when booting to os simalar to those in this thread...
  8. unable to open exe file

unable to open exe file: Hi, I'm trying to open an exe file from MariaDB. However, I'm experiencing error in which the file seems to open but it closes right away. A black screen pops up just for not even a second and it closes right away....
  9. unable to run *.exe files

unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  10. Unable to Install .exe file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Install .exe file: I have a Win10 laptop. I'm trying to run setup.exe from a DVD. I get a msg: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." My DVD works fine. I am the administrator on my laptop and there are no other...