Windows 10: Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

Discus and support Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ADEPU Nagaraj, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" -AllUsers OutputRemove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing

:)

ADEPU Nagaraj, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Mark0 Win User

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Hello,
    I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450)

First: is there any difference between
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    if there is only one user on the computer?

Second: what is the difference between
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg
    and
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

Mark0, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Let's say I do:
    Get-appxpackage *onenote*
    and
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote*

And I find there are entries for this product.

So, I run:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but allusers does.

Something wrong with the way I'm doing it?

I _am_ using a powershell with elevated privileges.

cDreamDancer, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Mark0 Win User

Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Little update: even in the case of a single user, adding -AllUsers to Remove-AppxPackage does make a difference. I've been testing it for the last weeks, and this is what I see:
    Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

1. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute - Similar Threads - Unable remove appxpackage

2. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  3. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  4. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  5. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video. a website told me that i should write this command in powershell to reset the key for it to work again. i know that powershell is pretty powerfull, so im just checking to...
  6. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  7. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  8. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  9. Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works: Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the divine light that I may customise the enterprise environment I manage and not have my users trying to log into Mail for...
  10. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...