Windows 10: Unable to remove child account from Family

Discus and support Unable to remove child account from Family in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amaira M, May 20, 2023.

1. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.Steps followed:Log into Microsoft Family SafetySelect 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from fa

:)

Amaira M, May 20, 2023

2. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, May 20, 2023
  3. Unable to remove child account from Family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to removing the child account from family. I thank you for bringing this to our notice regarding the settings.

Let me provide you another way to remove the child account from family.

1. Go to
      family.microsoft.com
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Under your child’s name click on
      More options.
    4. Now click on Remove from family and then click on Remove.

Once you confirm to remove the child account, it should be removed from the family group.

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 20, 2023
Thema:

Unable to remove child account from Family

1. Unable to remove child account from Family - Similar Threads - Unable remove child

2. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  3. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  4. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  6. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  7. Unable to remove child account from Family

Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  8. Unable to remove child account from Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  9. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  10. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...