Windows 10: Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

Discus and support Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son's account has been removed from my Family with me as the organizer, and has been added to the family with the organizer being my phone number. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zach Miller4, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

My son's account has been removed from my Family with me as the organizer, and has been added to the family with the organizer being my phone number. I can't switch him back.When I try to remove him from the "wrong" family, it says it can only be authorized by the person who initially granted access to the family, which would also be me, but the account doesn't recognize that.so i can't add him back to the right family, and can't remove him from the wrong family, and I even tried removing myself from the wrong family, but that doesn't work either.When I click Manage consent on his profile

:)

Zach Miller4, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Amaira M Win User

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Amaira M, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

1. Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family. - Similar Threads - Unable remove child's

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.: My son's account has been removed from my Family with me as the organizer, and has been added to the family with the organizer being my phone number. I can't switch him back.When I try to remove him from the "wrong" family, it says it can only be authorized by the person who...
  4. Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove child's account from incorrect Family or add back to correct Family.: My son's account has been removed from my Family with me as the organizer, and has been added to the family with the organizer being my phone number. I can't switch him back.When I try to remove him from the "wrong" family, it says it can only be authorized by the person who...
  5. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  6. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  7. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  8. Unable to remove child account from Family

Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  9. Unable to remove child account from Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  10. Unable to remove child account from Family

in Windows 10 Gaming