Windows 10: Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account

Discus and support Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a work account that was previously my subscription to office 365 through go daddy. I am unable to remove the account through the settings, the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TanyaP&2, Jun 25, 2020.

1. TanyaP&2 Win User

Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account

I have a work account that was previously my subscription to office 365 through go daddy.

I am unable to remove the account through the settings, the only option to click is "manage" but I cannot login because the email address no longer exists.

:)

TanyaP&2, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 25, 2020
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 25, 2020
  4. birosh Win User

RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account - Similar Threads - Unable remove close

2. Unable to Remove a School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove a School Account: I am having difficulties removing an account I used for a school I no longer attend, as this account keeps creating notifications on my PC. I am attaching two screenshots. The first is of the accounts listed in my computer in Settings, and the second is the webpage where I am...
  3. Unable to Remove a School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove a School Account: I am having difficulties removing an account I used for a school I no longer attend, as this account keeps creating notifications on my PC. I am attaching two screenshots. The first is of the accounts listed in my computer in Settings, and the second is the webpage where I am...
  4. unable to close account]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to close account]: unable to close account] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-close-account/1b7e8a63-f361-4b49-9fea-cdd6e2c2915b
  5. unable to close account]

unable to close account]: unable to close account] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-close-account/1b7e8a63-f361-4b49-9fea-cdd6e2c2915b
  6. unable to close account]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  8. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  9. Permanently remove licence from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Permanently remove licence from microsoft account: I would like to know how to remove a microsoft licence from the microsoft account to not be associated.I tried to remove my MS account with a local user and remove the device from the account but when when I register again in the computer with my MS account it says that I...
  10. Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove a Microsoft Account: When I try to remove the Microsoft account for my work from my personal laptop, I am being asked to login to my work account. But, I no longer work for that company and my account has already been deleted. How can I remove that account from my laptop?...