Windows 10: Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution!

Discus and support Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning fellow gamers and PC master race!! Have you had an issue with removing a device from your Microsoft account in the past?? Are you still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by F Hope, Feb 16, 2019.

1. F Hope Win User

Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution!

Good morning fellow gamers and PC master race!!

Have you had an issue with removing a device from your Microsoft account in the past?? Are you still having that issue due to Microsoft support not providing any other answer other than to try a different browser or device OR to log into your kiddo's account linked to the device?? Well, fret no longer as I have found the answer. I will post some screen shots below to help aide in the steps I will be providing. Here we go!

So the first thing you'll want to do is ensure you are doing this from your computer or smart phone or tablet; doing this from your Xbox won't be possible unless you are using a browser application on there. We want to go ahead and log into your Microsoft account at Microsoft.com -> Let's head over to the 'Devices' option at the top of the page and once the Devices page loads we want to select the device you have the desire to remove.

Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution! af81bf33-33c0-452f-a182-86a9cbb39649?upload=true.png

As you can see above this is what most of you having this issue will see - there is not a 'Remove device' or 'Remove' option anywhere in sight, right!? I know it drove me nuts! Well, fear no more the answer is here! So from here we actually want to click on 'More Actions' towards the top left of the window.

Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution! da3d794f-24db-464b-88c6-ae83689d712a?upload=true.png

As you can see here in the top left where my handy, dandy red arrow is appearing there is an option for 'More Actions.' Do you all see the beauty yet?? The 'Remove Xbox' option has appeared in the bottom of the list that selecting 'More Actions' has brought up. Now you just need to select that remove option and follow the prompts! Don't be alarmed if selecting that makes the Microsoft login page appear; it is not an error or anything, just sign in and it will continue the process or you can simply go back to devices to go through the process outlined above again and it will work just fine - you simply hadn't signed in in a while and it wants to verify you are who are for security purposes.

I hope this helps a ton of people in finding the resolution to their 'unable to remove device from account' issue(s)! Take care!

Regards,

Hope

:)

F Hope, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Ermin Rey Win User

How to remove the unused old device from account?

Thanks for the clarification. To remove connected devices on your account kindly follow the steps below:

1. Log in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Go to Devices
    3. Then remove the unwanted devices.

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any issue.

Ermin Rey, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Remove Device from Account - Solution! - Similar Threads - Unable Remove Device

2. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  3. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  4. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  6. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  7. Account removal from a device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. Remove Device from account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from account: Hello everyone. I’m a bit confused. So my computer that broke down on me that has a M2 SSD and I have to send it in for a replacement pc. And I have no way to erase the computer as the motherboard died and I have no other computer with a M2 SSD. In fact I have no new...
  9. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  10. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...