Windows 10: Unable to remove disconnected share

Discus and support Unable to remove disconnected share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to (forget?) a smb share. I right-clicked, and did "Disconnect". Instead, it seems to have totally removed it, but it still shows up, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by droidus, Oct 6, 2018.

1. droidus Win User

Unable to remove disconnected share

I was trying to (forget?) a smb share. I right-clicked, and did "Disconnect". Instead, it seems to have totally removed it, but it still shows up, and it errors out saying that it can't connect to it any longer. When I right-click on it, there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the share.

:)

droidus, Oct 6, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 6, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Unable to remove disconnected share

Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove disconnected share

1. Unable to remove disconnected share - Similar Threads - Unable remove disconnected

2. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  3. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  4. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Remove Shared Folder

Unable to Remove Shared Folder: Trying to disconnect a shared folder from my PC within the windows Explorer Network locations, but there is no delete, or disconnect... I have directly entered in the //address within the search windows bar to access this computer. Using Windows 10. - - - Updated - - -...
  6. Internet sharing keeps disconnecting

Internet sharing keeps disconnecting: I have a laptop with windows 7 the host and a desktop with windows 10, the laptop has wifi sharing on and is connected to the desktop with an ethernet cable, the problem is that it goes out constantly for no reason, I'm not even doing anything internet intensive most of the...
  7. Unable to remove shared folders

Unable to remove shared folders: OneDrive online. In the 'Shared' section, I noticed a number of empty folders. Wanted to get rid of them, but didn't find any delete/remove option there. However, when switching to "My Files", these folders do not show up. I agree, they are empty, so... never mind, it...
  8. Unable to remove disconnected mapped drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to remove disconnected mapped drive: I have found many references to this problem in Windows 10, but nothing suggested works. I am running Windows 10 pro version 2004. I have a mapped network drive z that is accessible, but shows up as disconnected. I cannot get rid of. Here's what I've tried: Right-click...
  9. unable to share internet

unable to share internet: It's been few days since I bought my first laptop, I am able to switch on the hotspot on this thing and other devices can even connect to my hotspot but the laptop is unable to share internet through it...
  10. Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect

Shared Folders Intermittent Disconnect: Greetings, I am new to this forum. My question is in regards to shared folders. I run a desktop and laptop connected by ethernet, through a router. Both machines run Windows 10 Pro. Both machines have static IP addresses setup in the router. I do not use a software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disconnected share cannt be deleted