Windows 10: unable to remove family member account

Discus and support unable to remove family member account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JOHN SANSONETTI, Sep 6, 2019.

1. unable to remove family member account

i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family members online" once again and the account wasn't there! but in settings it still says its there and i cant get rid of it. i even tried to delete it through control panel. please help somebody!!

:)

JOHN SANSONETTI, Sep 6, 2019

2. Unable to remove Member from Family Account

I am unable to remove any family members from my family account.

Whenever I log in and try to remove a member it says "Please try again later. We can't do this right now." I have tried using every adult account, to either remove itself or a child account but they always say the same thing.

I have shut down the computer and tried on a different device and get the same message.

I was unaware of the limit on the members now I have a hybrid of real used accounts with temporary ones without the ability to have all the family members log in our laptop (as children). I would be happy to have the whole family relationships dissolved
    or even just the ability to remove members.

I have tried releasing the accounts on the laptop by 'blocking' them but that didn't help either. Open to suggestions as I have been pulling my hair out for hours now and getting knowhere with first level support.

Please help

MatthewAnderson_77771, Sep 6, 2019
  3. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Sep 6, 2019
  4. guille md Win User

unable to remove family member account

Remove family member account not successful

Hello everyone,

I have tried to remove a family member account that I opened by mistake by following the steps I read here:

1. Login the parent account at https://fss.live.com.

2. In the Family Summary, click Remove a family member.

3. Check your account with issue and click Remove.

The problem now is that I dont see anymore the family member account on that website, but on my PC, when I start it, it still appears...

Help would be much appreciated

guille md, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

unable to remove family member account

1. unable to remove family member account - Similar Threads - unable remove family

2. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.: Unable to remove a child from family account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-case-1057333028-unable-to-remove-family/f8b92e22-6b1f-492c-98b4-c9a59f6343d4
  3. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.: Unable to remove a child from family account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-case-1057333028-unable-to-remove-family/f8b92e22-6b1f-492c-98b4-c9a59f6343d4
  4. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant remove family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant remove family members: I have been trying to remove two accounts from my family group. I have been unable to do so due to the same error messages saying to manage consent but it does not give me the option to manage consent for these accounts. They are like ghost accounts, I cant remove them and I...
  6. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED: So I am trying to remove a user on my account who is set up as a family member. I've read through forums and they all have the same answer. To log into microsoft online, and navigate to the family member you're trying to remove , and remove them.In my settings, it shows him...
  7. Removing a family member

Removing a family member: I am following the steps to remove a family member but there is no option to remove. My husband and I had separate accounts and I need to merge them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-family-member/4f18adcc-3ce4-405e-bb25-554c70af8b83
  8. unable to remove family member account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to remove family member account: Hello, this topic is already covered all over the web and here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_family/unable-to-remove-family-member-account/4676a00e-17a9-4c87-8d02-502ee2915687?auth=1 Everything has been tried netplwiz, Control Panel,...
  9. Unable to see and sign in into family members account

Unable to see and sign in into family members account: I added the mail id to family members ,its showing that it was added but i couldn't able to login to that account or see the option to login into it....
  10. Unable to remove "family member" from my PC.

Unable to remove "family member" from my PC.: I have seen numerous posts about this and have not found any solutions. SHORT VERSION: I cannot delete a member from the family section on my PC, even though there is no online family account. LONGER VERSION: I use my primary email we'll call it Email 1 for my PC...