Windows 10: Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/google-chrome-in-xbox-app/b4c41265-705d-49eb-9e9a-e7f9dfd90367 I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gohan16ken, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/google-chrome-in-xbox-app/b4c41265-705d-49eb-9e9a-e7f9dfd90367

I am having this same issue and none of the suggestion worked. I am running Chrome 71 on Windows 10 version 1809 10.0.17763.195.

***Modified title from: [I also can't remove Google Chrome from Xbox app]***

:)

gohan16ken, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Google Chrome in Xbox app.

Hi xnerd1000,

After reading through the course of action you've completed to get rid of Chrome, I suggest that you re-add Chrome shortcut back to the Programs folder where you initially deleted it. That's the main reason why your Chrome shortcut won't show up in the Start
    menu tile or pinned apps.

To do this, simply right-click on your Desktop shortcut for Chrome, select
    Copy
    . Go to C:/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs. Paste the Chrome shortcut. Once completed, it should now be back to normal.

Just in case your initial issue returns: Chrome still tagged as a game after removing it from the list, then try to reset the Xbox app.

Start menu > Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features > search for Xbox > Advanced options > Reset

Let me know if you have other concerns.

All the best!

Jane Lla, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Apps and Google Chrome unable to connect to internet

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed if you have made changes to the Operating System prior to this issue.

Also, as you have mentioned non stock Windows apps are unable to connect to internet, it seems to be an issue with proxy server settings.

I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features and reinstall it from the website.

You can also uninstall the browser from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select uninstall
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Check the Also delete your browsing data box and then click the
      Uninstall button to remove Google Chrome from your computer. The process may take up to a minute.

Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

If the issue still persists with Google Chrome, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer's website.

Refer:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

1. Unable to remove Google Chrome from Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable remove Google

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  4. Unable to install Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Google Chrome: Hi, I just got a new Dell with windows 10 Home and can't download Google Chrome because of windows "security" because the website is a secure website.. I've seen all the other people having this issue and the moderators saying it's because you have windows 10S instead of 10...
  5. Unable to install Google Chrome

Unable to install Google Chrome: I have tried numerous ways to install Google Chrome and it won't allow me. I have tried through Edge & IE but doesn't allow the download. I would appreciate any advice in how I can download it....
  6. remove google chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove google chrome: remove chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-google-chrome/86cefee1-d340-445c-9c1c-507b5afee04e"
  7. Unable to Install Google Chrome

Unable to Install Google Chrome: Hello, I use Google Chrome daily on my PC but a few sites weren't accessible with my current version of Chrome. When updating, there was a small black window pops up but quickly disappears & the process stops. I read a few internet posts saying to do a clean install (tried...
  8. I also can't remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I also can't remove Google Chrome from Xbox app: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/google-chrome-in-xbox-app/b4c41265-705d-49eb-9e9a-e7f9dfd90367 I am having this same issue and none of the suggestion worked. I am running Chrome 71 on Windows 10 version 1809 10.0.17763.195....
  9. I also can't remove Google Chrome from Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I also can't remove Google Chrome from Xbox app: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/google-chrome-in-xbox-app/b4c41265-705d-49eb-9e9a-e7f9dfd90367 I am having this same issue and none of the suggestion worked. I am running Chrome 71 on Windows 10 version 1809 10.0.17763.195....
  10. Google Chrome in Xbox app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome in Xbox app.: Hi. I have Google Chrome installed on my PC. I accidentally set it to recognize as a game. Now, I un-ticked the "remember as game" (or something like that), and I even tried right clicking on it in the Xbox App and hitting, "remove from my games". But that button literally...