Windows 10: unable to remove language

Discus and support unable to remove language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone! After removing the language packs, the UK and US English keyboards remain unchanged. how to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CергійПанфілов, Aug 11, 2022.

1. unable to remove language

Hi everyone! After removing the language packs, the UK and US English keyboards remain unchanged. how to fix it?

:)

CергійПанфілов, Aug 11, 2022
  2. ryloth Win User

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

unable to remove language [​IMG]

ryloth, Aug 11, 2022
  3. odedsh Win User
    Unable to remove languages from Region & Language on windows 10

I am unable to remove languages from windows.

I have the following list of 4 languages installed

unable to remove language ONyMo.png

I want to keep only English (United States) and Hebrew

The other 2 languages I want to remove but the "Remove" option is disbaled.

Things I tried:
    The internet is full of suggestions like:
    editing: Computer\HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    which had no effect

There are suggestions to try using the control panel to edit the languages but the control panel simply links back to the Settings app

There are suggestions to set some language as a default. but the default option simply does not exist

There are suggestion to use the options and remove the keyboard from the installed language. Each language has a single keyboard installed and the option to remove there keyboards is disabled as well.

This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

odedsh, Aug 11, 2022
  4. unable to remove language

Unable to remove the language.

Hi Roger,

From the issue description, I understand that you want to remove the French language (please correct me if I am wring).

If you have set French as the primary language, you won’t have the option “remove language” unless you have set another language as primary language. Please follow the below steps to set another language as primary language.

• Press windows key+I .

• Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click
      Region and language.

• Tap or click the language that you want to see Windows in, and then tap or click
      Set as primary. The Will be display language after next sign-in message will appear under the language.

• Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see
      Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.

• Sign out of Windows, and then sign back in.

Keep us updated if you are able to remove the language.

• Original title: Using Windows 10....

Rishad K T, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

unable to remove language

1. unable to remove language - Similar Threads - unable remove language

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. unable to remove language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove language: Hi everyone! After removing the language packs, the UK and US English keyboards remain unchanged. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-language/3935cf1e-f809-4d69-9994-23455cb58e2e
  5. Unable to remove a language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a language from Windows 10: Finally there is a simple solution to that serious bug. First you have to reinstall the language you can delete. Only be careful to don't select it as the main display language. Restart the PC and then delete the language with the problem. It's so simple....
  6. Remove language

Remove language: Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English. is there a way to...
  7. Unable to remove languages win 10

Unable to remove languages win 10: I have a windows 10 enterprise laptop, on which 2 English languages are installed (en-US and en-UK). I want to remove one of them because of annoyance of switching languages (have a third language installed . But there no options on the language settings to remove either....
  8. Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout: I keep having an annoying problem. I have only 1 language with 1 keyboard layout in Language settings [img] But the system keep changing keyboard layout (when restarting or resuming from sleep) Indeed, if I press WIN+SPACE I can see both layouts! [img] I can I remove...
  9. Windows showing language in taskbar but unable to remove.

Windows showing language in taskbar but unable to remove.: Hi all, I'm having a problem: one day out of nowhere, the language panel on my task bar showed "Indonesian US Keyboard". I tried to remove it via Language Preferences but the language is not there and I cant seem to find a way to delete it. Please help me as I do not...
  10. Language Removing

Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...