Windows 10: Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

Discus and support Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaryTan, May 9, 2023.

1. KaryTan Win User

Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again."

:)

KaryTan, May 9, 2023

2. Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son Administrator privileges while attempting to move data from his old to new PC then reset that computer to sell it but did not remove those privileges before doing so. Since Family Safety thinks he still has these privileges it won't enforce the time limits. The DESKTOP-KC2IK4G is listed twice because I tried to go back in using that same computer, entering our accounts, giving him Administrator privileges then removing them hoping it would fix the issue. All it did was add another device to his Family Safety instead.

I have gone into my Microsoft account and deleted DESKTOP-KC2IK4G but it still shows up on my list in Family Safety. I have attempted to remove my son from Family Safety and then add him back but all 3 devices persist.

In my Microsoft account:

Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety 8f60f852-ac06-4139-b9e8-a6eaf57a38cc?upload=true.png

In Family Safety:

Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety 7b002c6e-5770-4987-91a2-27f9b8f2ea04?upload=true.png

Drewbugdad, May 9, 2023
  3. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 9, 2023
  4. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

1. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety - Similar Threads - Unable remove myself

2. I cant remove myself from family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  3. I cant remove myself from family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  4. I cant remove myself from family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety: Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again."...
  6. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety: Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again."...
  7. Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety: I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son...
  8. Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety

Unable to remove devices from Microsoft Family Safety: I am attempting to set time limits in Microsoft family Safety but have been unable to remove old devices from its list. I have one active computer "Alienware" which replaced a prior computer "DESKTOP-KC2IK4G" which I no longer have. I had temporarily given my son...
  9. Remove myself from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove myself from Microsoft Family: I need to download something onto my computer but my dad put me in a family and restricted my usage. Will it notify him if I click the "Leave Family" button? * Moved from IE(other)/other ***Modify title from: Family***...
  10. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...