Windows 10: Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee.

Discus and support Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason I cant remove this drive, the P drive. I need to remap it with the correct path. I try to right click and disconnect but it wont let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1NightWolf, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee.

For some reason I cant remove this drive, the P drive. I need to remap it with the correct path. I try to right click and disconnect but it wont let me. Any ideas?

:)

1NightWolf, Jul 26, 2019

2. Unable to connect to the network drive on HP Pavilion 23

Thanks for the update. Have you already tried remapping the network drive? If not yet, we recommend remapping on your HP laptop to see if it helps. Follow the steps in this
    article
    for reference.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee.

Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

I receive the following error when I try to disconnect from a self mapped network drive: "network connection does not exist"

The network drive icon appears with a bid red x and says it is disconnected, yet I can double click on it to enter the mapped folder. Doing this does not reconnect the folder, and remains disconnected. This causes problems because programs that pointed
    to this path are unable to read the files. I am unable to remap this drive because the associated drive letter (EUnable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee. :) and mapping no longer shows up in the list.

I've tried all the typical suggestions including:

--I tried to do it via the command prompt with the net use delete command, but it can't be found in there.

--Tried to above with the actual network path instead of the drive letter, did not work

--Tried to delete the registry entries from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

None of these solutions worked. Though deleting the registry entries momentarily hid the disconnected drive, the drive letter was still not available for mapping. I tried to force the drive letter (EUnable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee. :) to map to my optical drive, which worryingly, pointed
    back to the mapped network location on the NAS instead of to the optical drive.

How do I get rid of this? Reformatting the computer is not an option.

RMI_Howard, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee.

1. Unable to remove Network drive so I can remap it for an employee. - Similar Threads - Unable remove Network

2. Any way to stop a hard drive spinning so i can remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to stop a hard drive spinning so i can remove it?: My pc has a HDD dock on top of it and since my mobo supports hot swap i can change hdds pretty easily. I'm pretty sure a few updates ago i was able to eject/remove the hdd so it would stop spinning for me to remove it. Any way to do this so i don't remove the live disc? Wing...
  3. Is this malware and if so how can i remove it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this malware and if so how can i remove it: Whenever I try to shut down my PC, 2 programs appear, one without a name and without a icon (it just has a blank name) and one named 'Start' also without an icon is it malware and if so how can i remove it? submitted by /u/duccyzuccy [link] [comments]...
  4. removing a mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    removing a mapped network drive: How do you remove unused mapped network drives from being displayed under Network Locations in File Explorer? There is a function to disconnect them but not to remove them so have several drives listed that I no longer even have. Not sure if this belongs under storage or...
  5. Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable To Map Network Drive: I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the...
  6. Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?: Hi, I bought a larger SSD for my computer and installed windows on it, but I would like to use the old smaller SSD that I had been using as my OS disk previously as storage only. My issue is that I don't seem to be able to remove the windows installation that is on it, even...
  7. Removing the previous employee from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the previous employee from computer: I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now, I want to completely remove her. She and I both have Office 365 accounts and I don't want her to lose her data but I need to...
  8. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...
  9. Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a secure network so that employees don't steal company data: Hello, I have a small company and one of our employees just left the company and while leaving he stole most company data and gave it to our competitors. It's high time I get a secure system. I plan on setting up a server through which all internet access will be directed...
  10. Can I remove this fictitious drive ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can I remove this fictitious drive ?: I installed PowerISO 2 days ago. I used it to burn an iso. Now its presence becomes permanent in my File Explorer. Is there a way to remove it ? Do I have to uninstall it if I want to remove it from File Explorer ? Thank you. [img] 42321

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remap pathway