Windows 10: Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

Discus and support Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures . Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EduardKaufmann, May 3, 2020.

1. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures .

Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But then the folder comes back ! I remove it... it comes back....

and again ... again!

Why does 'delete' not mean 'delete'!? After all it's deleted only in the Photos App!

or, what am I doing wrong

ed

:)

EduardKaufmann, May 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 3, 2020
  3. Naveeddil Win User
    Photo App automatically add OneDrive Folder

Dear all,

The Photos app of Windows 10 Automatically adds Onedrive Location and start syncing OneDrive Pictures in Collection.

The Photos app add Custom Address of the OneDrive folder automatically i.e. "D:\Libraries\OneDrive\Pictures" then i remove it but after a restart of system the address is again added. (Below Screesnshot for easy reference)

I have unchecked "Show my Photos and Videos from One Drive (Cloud Only".

Can you please suggest another location from where it could be turn off permanenetly.

Thank You All

Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !! 7b2f6845-4099-4ca9-a22a-62d575fa88c5.png

Naveeddil, May 3, 2020
  4. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

1. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !! - Similar Threads - Unable remove Onedrive

2. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  3. Unable to remove onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove onedrive folder: Running Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled MS Onedrive successfully per the instructions in the tutorial on tenforums. Now I want to remove the onedrive folder in "C:\users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive. To see if removing the OneDrive folder will cause any...
  4. Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10: I follow the instructions at Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 to stop Photos from adding folders and therefore images to its catalog. Periodically (maybe after an update?) I find that MS has added back in one or more folders. Today it is my...
  5. Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !

Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !: Question Description: Once I delete folder from Photos>Settings>Sources, the folder, which is under Onedrive folder, will be excluded for a while, BUT it will be automatically re-included in the Photos -Sources soon. Photos app version: Microsoft Photos 2020.19081.28230.0...
  6. Unable to remove the onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove the onedrive folder: Hello, I have an issue. In windows explorer there's still an ondrive folder in side panel after removing onedrive from my microsoft account about year ago. I tried to make it hidden, but nothing works, because it always says that the folder doesn't exist. Any help would be...
  7. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  8. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  9. Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive

Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive: Hi, I have been trying to share an Album in the Photos app via OneDrive. However the status bar text has been saying "[Album name] uploading to OneDrive - 1 of 15" for over 15 minutes. Each picture is about 7MB and my upload speed has been tested at 13mbps, so each picture...
  10. Unable to remove a folder from Photos

Unable to remove a folder from Photos: Microsoft Photos ver 2018.18051.18420.0 Can add a folder to my Microsoft Photos, but am unable to remove it from the app. Is there a setting that I am missing?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove pictures from onedrive onto pc