Windows 10: Unable to remove onedrive folder

Discus and support Unable to remove onedrive folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled MS Onedrive successfully per the instructions in the tutorial on tenforums. Now I want to remove the onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mck, Dec 28, 2020.

1. MCK
    mck Win User

Unable to remove onedrive folder

Running Windows 10 Home.

I uninstalled MS Onedrive successfully per the instructions in the tutorial on tenforums.
    Now I want to remove the onedrive folder in "C:\users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive.

To see if removing the OneDrive folder will cause any problems, I first tried to rename it as "~OneDrive". But I get an error message that says:

"The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program."

How can I rename the OneDrive folder? And then remove it later if no problems?

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Unable to remove onedrive folder

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove onedrive folder

1. Unable to remove onedrive folder - Similar Threads - Unable remove onedrive

2. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  3. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  4. Unable to Remove Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Remove Shared Folder: Trying to disconnect a shared folder from my PC within the windows Explorer Network locations, but there is no delete, or disconnect... I have directly entered in the //address within the search windows bar to access this computer. Using Windows 10. - - - Updated - - -...
  5. Unable to remove shared folders

Unable to remove shared folders: OneDrive online. In the 'Shared' section, I noticed a number of empty folders. Wanted to get rid of them, but didn't find any delete/remove option there. However, when switching to "My Files", these folders do not show up. I agree, they are empty, so... never mind, it...
  6. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  7. OneDrive removes my folders!!

OneDrive removes my folders!!: Hi; I noticed that Onedrive on Win 10 sync all my Desktop and Documents. So I go to setting and remove those folders from syncing, but both of them gone, they are available just online, if I restore them there was a red cross on OneDrive that there were files do not sync....
  8. Remove folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove folders from OneDrive: Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I...
  9. Unable to remove the onedrive folder

Unable to remove the onedrive folder: Hello, I have an issue. In windows explorer there's still an ondrive folder in side panel after removing onedrive from my microsoft account about year ago. I tried to make it hidden, but nothing works, because it always says that the folder doesn't exist. Any help would be...
  10. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!: I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures . Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But then the folder comes back ! I remove it... it comes back.... and again ... again! Why does 'delete' not mean 'delete'!?...