Windows 10: unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker?

Discus and support unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I turned on bitlocker but decided not to encrypt my drives. Now that it's off, I still have my login password required even though I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dzhou10, Jan 31, 2020.

1. unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker?

So I turned on bitlocker but decided not to encrypt my drives. Now that it's off, I still have my login password required even though I would like to remove it.

After researching a bit, I've tried two methods. when I run netplwiz, I don't have a checkbox to require a password.

additionally, I tried going into my local account settings to change the password to be blank. However, when I do this, windows says that I don't meet the password requirements and won't let me change it.

I've ensured that bitlocker is off - am I missing something when it comes to completely shutting it off?

submitted by /u/dzhou10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dzhou10, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 31, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Jan 31, 2020
  4. unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker?

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker?

1. unable to remove password from windows 10 after bitlocker? - Similar Threads - unable remove password

2. Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?: How can I remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk without having to format or delete the data in that hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bitlocker-password-from-my-external-hard/c6672382-98ef-4d72-9b9a-cc8772c744d5
  3. Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?: How can I remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk without having to format or delete the data in that hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bitlocker-password-from-my-external-hard/c6672382-98ef-4d72-9b9a-cc8772c744d5
  4. Bitlocker after removing mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker after removing mcafee: So since yesterday after i uninstalled McAfee antivirus, bitlocker got activated all of a sudden. And upon the first restart my only drive system-windows drive C:\ got locked, and i've been going through questions about this topic in the community to no avail... I have never...
  5. Bitlocker after removing mcafee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker after removing mcafee: So since yesterday after i uninstalled McAfee antivirus, bitlocker got activated all of a sudden. And upon the first restart my only drive system-windows drive C:\ got locked, and i've been going through questions about this topic in the community to no avail... I have never...
  6. Unable to change BitLocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change BitLocker password: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email. BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for...
  7. Unable to remove a language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a language from Windows 10: Finally there is a simple solution to that serious bug. First you have to reinstall the language you can delete. Only be careful to don't select it as the main display language. Restart the PC and then delete the language with the problem. It's so simple....
  8. Unable to remove previous encryption in BitLocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove previous encryption in BitLocker: Hi everyone, I have set up BitLocker on my E:/ before (but I forgot to backup the key on Microsoft Account) However, when I install Windows, I have mistakenly clicked "Delete" E:/ , and all the data removed. After Windows installation, I have formatted E:/ , and want to...
  9. How to remove a password from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a password from windows 10: how to remove a password from windows 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-remove-a-password-from-windows-10/5e6e0fa2-96a5-4bf8-9dc8-b5d911473384"
  10. unable to remove windows logon password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove windows logon password: unable to remove windows logon password went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7 i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all it now boots saying password...