Windows 10: Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

Discus and support Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, For privacy reason, when I travel with my PC, I set a PIN password using a LOCAL ACCOUNT password and remove it when I am home for convenience... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YvesB, Oct 28, 2018.

1. YvesB Win User

Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

Hi,

For privacy reason, when I travel with my PC, I set a PIN password using a LOCAL ACCOUNT password and remove it when I am home for convenience purposes.

Since I have come back from my last trip, I can start my PC using my local account PIN password but I can't no more remove my PIN. I get an "Incorrect PIN" message. I know it is not the case since I can login using my LOCAL PIN password if I restart my PC.

Can someone help me resolve this problem and possibly explain me why all off a sudden I get this maddening message?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

YvesB, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

Password Incorrect and Local Password Incorrect

My PC which is currently running on Windows 10 was being used till 13:25(GMT) on 04/09/16 . Then suddenly I was locked out and even after changing my Microsoft account password there is no progress. It says 'That Password is incorrect'. Please let me
    know why my Local PIN code was changed all of a sudden. There are no issues with the Internet connection. Even after changing the password it shows that the password is incorrect. I'm able to Sign-in into my account on my other devices but not in my PC. Please
    help me as soon as possible.

ALENP JOSEPH, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

1. Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password - Similar Threads - Unable remove PIN

2. Password VS PIN for a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password VS PIN for a local account: Hi everyone,On my PC, I have recently switched my Windows account to a local account for security reason. Then I created also a local account password, of course, so now I can access on my Windows system by both my local account password OR my old Windows PIN.Having two...
  3. Password VS PIN for a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password VS PIN for a local account: Hi everyone,On my PC, I have recently switched my Windows account to a local account for security reason. Then I created also a local account password, of course, so now I can access on my Windows system by both my local account password OR my old Windows PIN.Having two...
  4. Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local: I have an older PC which, all of a sudden, refused to take the password for the lock screen. I had been using this password for years and it simply refused to work. I contacted the manufacturer who, for a $99 fee, would do 'advanced' tech support it was way out of warranty so...
  5. Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local

Remove PIN/Password Lock Screen by turning the account Local: I have an older PC which, all of a sudden, refused to take the password for the lock screen. I had been using this password for years and it simply refused to work. I contacted the manufacturer who, for a $99 fee, would do 'advanced' tech support it was way out of warranty so...
  6. PIN and Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and Password Incorrect: I can't get past the password screen. It says that there's a problem with my PIN and whenever I try logging in using my Microsoft password, it says it's incorrect even though I have reset it multiple times....
  7. PIN and Password Incorrect

PIN and Password Incorrect: I can't get past the password screen. It says that there's a problem with my PIN and whenever I try logging in using my Microsoft password, it says it's incorrect even though I have reset it multiple times....
  8. PIN and Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Unable to change password for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password for local account: The Ctrl-Alt-Delete menu has no option for changing password. The User Accounts panel from what remains of the decent Control Panel redirects me to the Settings app. The Settings app Accounts -> Sign-in options has Change disabled for Password. Microsoft cloud login is not...
  10. Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect: Long story. When I converted my W7 system to W10 I used an MS account from when I had an MSDN subscription and I was using for Skype, however, I caught out when using the system builds with windows trying to send an email to the address which was no longer valid....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove pin in local account

2. windows 10 cant change to local account says pin is wrong

3. cant remove pin wrong account password

4. unable to remove the pin in local account