Windows 10: Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features

Discus and support Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to remove this app called SearchAwesome from "control panel" but even after clicking uninstall nothing happens. I have deleted some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kskumar007, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features

I am trying to remove this app called SearchAwesome from "control panel" but even after clicking uninstall nothing happens. I have deleted some suspicious files from program files but that didn't help. Also tried malware bytes but no use. This weird app is still listed and windows defender just pops frequently saying removing malware. There are no addons with this app in any browser but it annoys with ads and pop ups. How do i uninstall and completely remove SearchAwesome.

:)

kskumar007, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Bruce Hagen, Sep 15, 2018
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features

1. Unable to remove SearchAwesome from programs and features - Similar Threads - Unable remove SearchAwesome

2. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  3. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...: Hello,After moving, my External Storage Drive was badly damaged and had various Programs and Games on it.The Programs and Games that I had installed on the drive still show up in my Programs and Features and the Apps & Features sections of Windows and they will not allow me...
  4. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...: Hello,After moving, my External Storage Drive was badly damaged and had various Programs and Games on it.The Programs and Games that I had installed on the drive still show up in my Programs and Features and the Apps & Features sections of Windows and they will not allow me...
  5. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs: Good Evening sir, I am unable to remove an app and it has no name with size showing 3.14TB ....when i searched for it in Microsoft fix it i found some program named Name not found and another one as not listed and am unable to uninstall it through microsoft fix it also...what...
  7. Removing a software from programs and features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing a software from programs and features: So i removed razer synapse and razer cortex from programs and features and i was wondering why is it that when i went into file explorer i still see razer files and folder? Do i also have to delete these too or can i just leave them there?...
  8. Unable to remove Utorrent from apps and features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove Utorrent from apps and features: I uninstalled Utorrent a while back but it still keeps showing in the apps and feature and I am unable tk uninstall it from there. I tried uninstalling from control panel but it does not show up there Also Windows defender keeps throwing warning signs to take care of it but...
  9. Program missing from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...
  10. Unable to remove Program Associations

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to remove Program Associations: After not being able to open links from Steam or Skype using Chrome, I tried to remove the program associations for Chrome. However, it appears that I cannot unselect boxes currently selected. [img] This bug also persists to other programs. For example, if I try to...