Windows 10: Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As a long time Mac user, I've recently acquired a Surface Book. As I'm in the UK, I use English (UK) as my display language, but the keyboard is US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nhkader, Dec 26, 2015.

1. nhkader Win User

Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

As a long time Mac user, I've recently acquired a Surface Book. As I'm in the UK, I use English (UK) as my display language, but the keyboard is US (the computer was purchased in the US). All this seems logical and I had the system working for a while and then for some reason, it reverts to the UK keyboard even though that is not an option under the available input methods or under the keyboard in Settings. I don't understand how the system can use a UK keyboard when technically it isn't installed. I even tried removing the UK display language, but that too remains despite it not showing up in the Settings panel under Languages.

:)

nhkader, Dec 26, 2015
  2. AsawinWu Win User

Deleted language (keyboard) keep appearing after restart?

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 with setting English (UK) laguage as default. Later, I added English (US) and removed English (UK). The language then showed only one English (US). That is fine, however, everytime I restart English (UK) keyboard reappears and no option
    for English (UK) to delete. I have to add English (UK) first in Language menu then remove it again to make the UK keyboard dissapeared.

Is there a way to remove English (UK) keyboard permanently.

Thank you

AsawinWu, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Nils_943 Win User
    Unable to change keyboard layout for second user account in Windows 10

I'm puzzled by the behaviour of the keyboard layout in Windows 10. After creating a second user account besides my admin account, I am unable to change the keyboard layout to English (UK) for this account. This is mostly because in the language settings
    in the control panel, English (UK) is already set as the primary language, and removing English (US) doesn't help either, as it just comes back right away.

Further, I can't switch between keyboard layouts with the Win+Space shortcut. How can I enable the UK layout (which is working perfectly fine in my admin account)?

Nils_943, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10

1. Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable remove keyboard

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  5. Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10 Version 2004; OS Build 19041.1165

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove UK keyboard from Windows 10 Version 2004; OS Build 19041.1165: I had both US keyboard and UK keyboard. I tried to remove UK keyboard, but the UK keyboard still shows up when I did the "Shift + Alt", or clicked the "ENG" of the bottom right. That is annoying, especially that both US and UK keyboard simply shows ENG so I can't tell whether...
  6. How to remove UK keyboard?

How to remove UK keyboard?: Hi! I am facing a little problem lately. I am using Windows 10 Pro and I have 2 languages for typing. EnglishUS and Bulgarian. But in the taskbar, where you change the languages, there is an EnglishUK keyboard. When that happens I go to the settings to remove it but there...
  7. How can I remove UK keyboard From Windows 10

How can I remove UK keyboard From Windows 10: Hi I still have the issue that when i have this abomination of a keyboardUK how i can remove it i delete it from the registers and it keeps coming back? Where is this information stored? Is there some extra settings? Is there someone who can fix it? This was my old...
  8. How can I remove UK keyboard From Windows 10

How can I remove UK keyboard From Windows 10: HI How I can remove the UK keyboard.From where the PC loads it is there some hidden registry that enables it? I cant remove it from language preference because it's not present there. Also, I emove if few times from the registry and it's still there. Also, I try to...
  9. Ho i can remove UK keyboard From Windows 10

Ho i can remove UK keyboard From Windows 10: HI How I can remove the UK keyboard.From where the PC loads it is there some hidden registry that enables it? I cant remove it from language preference because it's not present there. Also, I emove if few times from the registry and it's still there. Also, I try to...
  10. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...