Windows 10: Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

Discus and support Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Many times I installed Windows 10 using my primary language spanish, but I use an english keyboard, so I always install the "United States -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hinaichigoRozen, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

Many times I installed Windows 10 using my primary language spanish, but I use an english keyboard, so I always install the "United States - International QUERTY" keyboard.

It works fine for a while, but eventually a secondary unwanted keyboard is installed automatically maybe a Windows automatic update, and it changes keyboard when I accidentally press Alt+Shift

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard 6214ad3b-1a95-4945-afda-c97f48ac5f94?upload=true.png

When I try to remove it in language settings I see there is only one language installed Spanish:

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard 76d1017f-5a2b-4045-991f-370d85b471fd?upload=true.png

If I press its "Options" button shown in the previous image, I see there is only one keyboard installed US-International:

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard 23c0f4f5-01ef-446b-93d4-5276631232b0?upload=true.png

So, I don't know where the secondary keyboard is and I can't uninstall it.

How can I remove this unwanted keyboard layout?

:)

hinaichigoRozen, Feb 9, 2020

2. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 9, 2020
  3. HEM
    HeM Win User
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout

@JaJe,
    I think, you have to read above tutorial more carefully...*Smile
    From that:

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard [​IMG]

4. ryloth Win User

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

ryloth, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

1. Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable remove unwanted

2. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  3. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  4. Windows unwantedly switching to secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows unwantedly switching to secondary monitor: HelloI've been getting this issue quite often. Screen suddenly turns off, averagely at 10 minute intervals doesn't follow any pattern, totally random intervals, and switches to secondary monitor, even when it is not even connected. My computer is a relatively new ASUS laptop,...
  5. Removing unwanted keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unwanted keyboards: I'm facing a problem with the keyboards. I had installed the Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool MILIT for testing purposes. After a while I removed it from my system using the Add/Remove Programs. However ever since I get the following error message, whenever I try to switch...
  6. Remove Unwanted Keyboard

Remove Unwanted Keyboard: Hi, I've been looking around how to deal with it but answers are about using Control Panel, in which the options have been removed. So here is my keyboards: [ATTACH] I want to remove both English Canada . However, there is no such keyboard in my settings: [ATTACH]...
  7. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  8. Unwanted keyboard

Unwanted keyboard: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the laptop. I need an English keyboard (UK) and French (Belgian) and these are installed in my language options. However a third...
  9. Unable to Remove unwanted langauge

Unable to Remove unwanted langauge: IND and EN-US keyboard are unable to be removed regardless of what i do. i have tried powershell and window language setting option but they dont work. my system is set to Region: Singapore Language: English (United States) Please help me remove the Indonesia, I am...
  10. Unable to remove unwanted user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove unwanted user profile: My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit vague, but he tells me it will not let him delete it. is there an alternative method please thanks 88053