Windows 10: Unable to remove unwanted user profile

Discus and support Unable to remove unwanted user profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Unable to remove unwanted user profile

My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit vague, but he tells me it will not let him delete it.

is there an alternative method please

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jul 1, 2017

2. unable to download app more that 1gb from store with error 0x80073cf9

Hi,

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

The profile may get corrupted if the unused or unwanted files and folders are not removed or cleaned from the user profile. The issue might also occur due to corrupted or missing system files and folders on the computer.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 1, 2017
  3. KB3140768 fails to install

How do you know which is the SID for the active user and which is the SID for the duplicate user, when both SIDs show the same path and user name - i..e. how do I know which SID to delete? And do I delete only the SID profile - or do I need to find all
    references to the unwanted SID in regedit and remove them all?

Marty_Harris, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Unable to remove unwanted user profile

Firstly, deleting user profiles under C:/Users and then selecting "Delete" is extremely dangerous. May I ask why you are deleting a user account?

Not only this, but it can corrupt the profile completely.

Have you already tried deleting it via Control Panel? This should be the ultimate and primary way to delete a user account with as a normal user.

Unable to remove unwanted user profile [​IMG]

Then

Finally, all you must do is select the account, delete and delete all files with it.

Do you receive any error?

Hydrate, Jul 1, 2017
  5. Hello, yes sorry he was doing it from control panel, but it didn't work.....don't think there was an error message....this profile became corrupted and needs removing...

going to try

Delprof2

Delete user profiles from the command line
    Download DelProf2 1.6.0 for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows

hopefully that will end the issue

foumd this at Remove User Profile Correctly in Windows 10 - Technig

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 1, 2017
  6. Hydrate Win User
    Sure, you may go ahead and try using that software, please report back how it goes.

Hydrate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove unwanted user profile

1. Unable to remove unwanted user profile - Similar Threads - Unable remove unwanted

2. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  3. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  4. Unable to access other user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Unable to delete user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete user profile: Hi Folks Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, but it all started here. I am unable to delete an administrator profile from the account of another administrator. New PC with an SSD for apps and HDD for data. Tried to set it up to store data on the HDD by changing...
  6. Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard: Many times I installed Windows 10 using my primary language spanish, but I use an english keyboard, so I always install the "United States - International QUERTY" keyboard. It works fine for a while, but eventually a secondary unwanted keyboard is installed automatically...
  7. Unable to Remove unwanted langauge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Remove unwanted langauge: IND and EN-US keyboard are unable to be removed regardless of what i do. i have tried powershell and window language setting option but they dont work. my system is set to Region: Singapore Language: English (United States) Please help me remove the Indonesia, I am...
  8. unable to remove user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to remove user: Hi there, I tried to remove my child's profile: -it never worked properly - even if I only allowed 30min screening time, my boy could have 1.5 hours. Strange. With other son it worked. - I removed my son from Microsoft Family in order to start from scratch again. I...
  9. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  10. How to remove unwanted user account folders.\

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted user account folders.\: In the progression from the December build ( I forget its number) to 10049 I have wound up with an unwanted user account in my C:\Users folder. It doesn't show up in Control Panel/User Accounts so I can't remove it via that route and if I try do deleteit from C:/Users by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to delete unwanted microsoft account