Windows 10: unable to remove user

Discus and support unable to remove user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I tried to remove my child's profile: -it never worked properly - even if I only allowed 30min screening time, my boy could have 1.5 hours.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterHronec, Dec 23, 2018.

1. unable to remove user

Hi there,

I tried to remove my child's profile:

-it never worked properly - even if I only allowed 30min screening time, my boy could have 1.5 hours. Strange. With other son it worked.

- I removed my son from Microsoft Family in order to start from scratch again. I managed that.

- When I tried to remove my son from users in windows 10, I could not. Even with this below advice I could not - reason? DELETE button is inactive.

1. CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM AND SECURITY > SYSTEM > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS (from the menu on the LEFT) .
    2. Click SETTINGS button in the USER PROFILES section. .
    3. Click on the user that has issues and click the DELETE button (note that you can not delete the profile you are using)

:)

PeterHronec, Dec 23, 2018

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    unable to remove user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

unable to remove user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

unable to remove user

1. unable to remove user - Similar Threads - unable remove user

2. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  3. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  4. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  5. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  6. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Removing a User.

Removing a User.: I seemingly removed a user and he no longer shows up as a user when subsequently I try to remove users as recommended in previous posts....but...when turning on my computer He still shows up initially as the first sign on user. How do I correct this problem?...
  8. Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...: As the administrative user, I successfully added someone as a family member to the PC. I however removed them as a family member, and then attempted to add them as "Other users" instead, but am getting the error message below: Something went wrong [user] has already been...
  9. Unable to remove unwanted user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove unwanted user profile: My son has an old user profile he needs to delete, when he tries to do this he gets a message saying some user files may be left.....sorry it's a bit vague, but he tells me it will not let him delete it. is there an alternative method please thanks 88053
  10. Remove User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User: I have tried everything thru control panel and settings to remove a user and I cannot. I bought my pc from a vendor who had it on display and added themselves as a user. Please help me. I cannot delete, copy or change the folder at all. There are no folders open and I have...