Windows 10: unable to remove windows logon password

Discus and support unable to remove windows logon password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; unable to remove windows logon password went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015.

1. unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015

2. remove sign in password

how can I remove my logon password so I computer just comes up without asking for a password? Windows 10

BeverlySchrenk, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JanetBass Win User
    Two logon accounts shown, the one that defaults I don't know password and want to remove

Two logon accounts shown, the one that defaults I don't know password and want to remove. Aslo want logon without password to local machine via microsoft one account

JanetBass, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello reddwarf, *Smile

That usually happens when an incorrect password has been entered in netplwiz while setting up the automatic sign in at startup. As a test, start over and set it again to see if it may help.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Do you dual boot with Windows 7 and 10?

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  5. password works ok.....just want to remove it...

no no I do not dual boot, it was upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    A password is required for a Microsoft account, and cannot be removed. If you want to use a Microsoft account, then about all you can do is setup netplwiz again to make sure a mistake wasn't made the first time to have Windows automatically sign in to the account at startup.

If you still have another OS listed at boot, then you could see if you may be able to remove the incorrect one using an option in the tutorial below.

Windows Boot Manager - Delete a Listed Operating System - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  7. pit was not set up with a windows ID as I dint have one at the time....I tried netplwiz and set it to not require a password, made no difference, was so simple in windows 7 and previous

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Netplwiz works in Windows 10 the same in 7/8. You just need to be sure to set it up properly. It's easy to make a mistake.

If you haven't already, try doing step 5 in OPTION ONE below again to see if it may have just been the password not entered properly the first time. *Smile

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  9. i misunderstood step 'D' I thought I was choosing another windows password, completely missed the 'auto sign in' title
    will try again....
    but in windows 7 in control panel user accounts there was an option to,remove password.....thanks for your help...fingers crossed

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. unable to remove windows logon password - Similar Threads - unable remove logon

2. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  3. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  4. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  6. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  7. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  9. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  10. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f