Windows 10: unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

Discus and support unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevenschenker, Jun 23, 2020.

1. unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

:)

stevenschenker, Jun 23, 2020
  2. drugo Win User

does w10 disk cleanup remove windows updates?

Hi
    does windows 10 disk cleanup remove windows updates?

i updated windows 10 , i reboot and i run disk cleanup as administrator
    but in the list there is no entry about windows updates

thanks

drugo, Jun 23, 2020
  3. unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

it still can not help despite what you suggest, Windows Store is still like the screenshot above.

Ahmad Rafiansyah Irawan, Jun 23, 2020
  4. unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator

1. unable to remove windows update cleanup even when run as administrator - Similar Threads - unable remove update

2. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  3. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup: I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that...
  4. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup: I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that...
  5. Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup: Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update Cleanup but I cannot remove it either way. I tried:Running Disk Cleanup as administrator,Running Disk Cleanup in SafeMode,Manual...
  6. Windows update cleanup wont be removed!

Windows update cleanup wont be removed!: i tried removing the windows update cleanup which is almost 55.5MB and it wont be removed i tried everything! i tried removing it from the disk cleanup, from the settings sense storage and also last but not least from the software distribution folder. IDK what to do, so if...
  7. Unable to delete Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete Windows Update Cleanup: First of all to prevent misunderstanding me, I used the Disk clean up and the Remove Temporary Files to get some space back after the cumulative update today (2004 is not offered to me yet). The problem is that it keeps showing up even after I set it to be purged/deleted and...
  8. Run as administrator "remove"?

Run as administrator "remove"?: Hi, I have a problem... There is an administrator on my PC (my father :] ) and I have an application where you have to enter the administrator password every time. Is there a solution how to avoid entering the password after you have entered it, so that you don't have to...
  9. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run as Administrator": I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User...
  10. Unable to run apps as administrator

Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...