Windows 10: Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Discus and support Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I signed into my work account and the account has been deleted from the work domain but i am unable to delete it from my personal machine. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanAdcock, Nov 8, 2022.

1. DanAdcock Win User

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

I signed into my work account and the account has been deleted from the work domain but i am unable to delete it from my personal machine. There is no disconnect option. When i click on manage it takes me to a different account. This is very annoying because it keeps asking me to sign into the deleted account in File Explorer

:)

DanAdcock, Nov 8, 2022
  2. Chiblood6 Win User

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Nov 8, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    remove old school accout

Hi Anders,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Emails and Accounts, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

Select Access Work or School, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

On the left, click 'Your Info' is that school account listed on that page?

DaveM121, Nov 8, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable remove school

2. Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11: Hello-I get daily alerts from Windows that there has been an issue syncing a school account.I have followed numerous tutorial steps for removing the school account from my windows profile -- but the school email is expired and no longer exists. The option to simply delete the...
  3. Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11: Hello-I get daily alerts from Windows that there has been an issue syncing a school account.I have followed numerous tutorial steps for removing the school account from my windows profile -- but the school email is expired and no longer exists. The option to simply delete the...
  4. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I have finished university and when trying to change my sign-in options to unlock my laptop it keeps redirecting me to my university email. Since I have finished that account is no longer active and the password I once used for it doesn't work. This is the same problem for...
  5. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I have finished university and when trying to change my sign-in options to unlock my laptop it keeps redirecting me to my university email. Since I have finished that account is no longer active and the password I once used for it doesn't work. This is the same problem for...
  6. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Hi, I followed the directions for your answer to Sundeep's question with the same language stated here I believe it was in Oct 2022. When I click on the work or school section of Accounts in my Settings menu, I'm not given option to delete when I click on "manage"; I only get...
  7. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Hi, I followed the directions for your answer to Sundeep's question with the same language stated here I believe it was in Oct 2022. When I click on the work or school section of Accounts in my Settings menu, I'm not given option to delete when I click on "manage"; I only get...
  8. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I signed into my work account and the account has been deleted from the work domain but i am unable to delete it from my personal machine. There is no disconnect option. When i click on manage it takes me to a different account. This is very annoying because it keeps asking...
  9. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Please help me to remove work or school account from windows 11 or 10 PC. This account is added as part of a test account which is created in azure AD and this domain doesn't exist. Windows is not allowing the deletion of this account. Please advise...
  10. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Please help me to remove work or school account from windows 11 or 10 PC. This account is added as part of a test account which is created in azure AD and this domain doesn't exist. Windows is not allowing the deletion of this account. Please advise...