Windows 10: Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Discus and support Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have finished university and when trying to change my sign-in options to unlock my laptop it keeps redirecting me to my university email. Since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nabeel Ahmed2, May 26, 2023.

1. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

I have finished university and when trying to change my sign-in options to unlock my laptop it keeps redirecting me to my university email. Since I have finished that account is no longer active and the password I once used for it doesn't work. This is the same problem for when I try to delete the school account from the setting and therefore stuck.

:)

Nabeel Ahmed2, May 26, 2023

2. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Hello Allison, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

As long as a work or school account is installed on your personal PC, it will apply the organization's Group Policy restrictions just as if it is a school or company PC. For this reason I would not add one to my personal PC, or if I did I would install a separate Windows to dual boot personal and organization accounts.

To get rid of the company account go into Settings > Accounts > Access Work & School, right click the account to disconnect, which will then make it possible to remove.

There is more in this tutorial:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-remove-wo... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

I'd also check for remnants in Accounts > Email and Windows Mail app > Settings > Manage Accounts.

Let me know if you have any questions or I can help performing any of the above steps. If you'll post back detailed results on each step in each tutorial, it will help me determine what else needs to be tried.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, May 26, 2023
  3. Chiblood6 Win User
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, May 26, 2023
  4. John DeV Win User

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Hello DanAdcock,

Thank you for updating me with that information. I apologize that this did not resolve the issue.

Make sure the account in question is an Administrator

Please try the methods below.

- Settings, Accounts

- Select "Sign in with a local account instead" and follow the steps

- Then logon, go back to accounts, and go to Access work or school account

- Please try to remove it again

- Last step, go back and change logon to Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Kind regards,

Independent Advisor

John DeV, May 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable remove school

2. Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11: Hello-I get daily alerts from Windows that there has been an issue syncing a school account.I have followed numerous tutorial steps for removing the school account from my windows profile -- but the school email is expired and no longer exists. The option to simply delete the...
  3. Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Expired School Account from Windows in Windows 11: Hello-I get daily alerts from Windows that there has been an issue syncing a school account.I have followed numerous tutorial steps for removing the school account from my windows profile -- but the school email is expired and no longer exists. The option to simply delete the...
  4. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I have finished university and when trying to change my sign-in options to unlock my laptop it keeps redirecting me to my university email. Since I have finished that account is no longer active and the password I once used for it doesn't work. This is the same problem for...
  5. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Hi, I followed the directions for your answer to Sundeep's question with the same language stated here I believe it was in Oct 2022. When I click on the work or school section of Accounts in my Settings menu, I'm not given option to delete when I click on "manage"; I only get...
  6. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Hi, I followed the directions for your answer to Sundeep's question with the same language stated here I believe it was in Oct 2022. When I click on the work or school section of Accounts in my Settings menu, I'm not given option to delete when I click on "manage"; I only get...
  7. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I signed into my work account and the account has been deleted from the work domain but i am unable to delete it from my personal machine. There is no disconnect option. When i click on manage it takes me to a different account. This is very annoying because it keeps asking...
  8. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: I signed into my work account and the account has been deleted from the work domain but i am unable to delete it from my personal machine. There is no disconnect option. When i click on manage it takes me to a different account. This is very annoying because it keeps asking...
  9. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Please help me to remove work or school account from windows 11 or 10 PC. This account is added as part of a test account which is created in azure AD and this domain doesn't exist. Windows is not allowing the deletion of this account. Please advise...
  10. Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11

Unable to remove work or school account from windows 11: Please help me to remove work or school account from windows 11 or 10 PC. This account is added as part of a test account which is created in azure AD and this domain doesn't exist. Windows is not allowing the deletion of this account. Please advise...