Windows 10: Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?

Discus and support Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to remove the start menu entry for the xbox game bar. Long ago I did manage to get rid of xbox (don;t remember how now) but I can't seem to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xwray, Jun 27, 2019.

1. xwray Win User

Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?

I want to remove the start menu entry for the xbox game bar. Long ago I did manage to get rid of xbox (don;t remember how now) but I can't seem to make this one go away. I don't know why it is even there...if I click on it nothing happens anyhow.

Can anyone help with a foolproof method that actually works...I've tried the various suggestions that google coughed up without success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

xwray, Jun 27, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Thank you for updating us. Here are other troubleshooting steps on how to resolve Game bar issues:

Change the Game bar settings in the Windows settings:

1. Press Start and click on the Settings icon.

2. Go to Gaming and check Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.

If you are unable to see these settings on your computer, make sure that the operating system is updated to version 1703 or higher. To check for new updates, you may follow the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, manually update the Xbox App by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  

4. Hit Enter.  

5. Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update? - Similar Threads - Unable remove xbox

2. Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?: Just a quick yes or no question.I don't think I will play any Microsoft games but the game bar seems useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-uninstalling-xbox-also-remove-xbox-game-bar/41d705c6-15ac-4b4b-aa96-2d0d772d6122
  3. Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?: Just a quick yes or no question.I don't think I will play any Microsoft games but the game bar seems useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-uninstalling-xbox-also-remove-xbox-game-bar/41d705c6-15ac-4b4b-aa96-2d0d772d6122
  4. XBox Game Bar Not Appearing In Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Game Bar Not Appearing In Game: Hi Does Someone Know Why XBox Game Bar Is Not Appearing?Game: Rocket LeagueResolution: 600x800GPU: Intel Graphics 620Computer: Surface Pro 5Hi i need help making Xbox Game Bar appear so i can record game, i dont want to change my resolution or my game will have really low...
  5. Unable to log in to Xbox Game Bar after de-bloating

Unable to log in to Xbox Game Bar after de-bloating: I recently ran a de-bloating software to get rid of most of the extra applications that came preinstalled with my copy of Windows 10 Pro, however, I believe it may have removed necessary Xbox Live Networking keys from the registry. I cannot open anything in the Game Bar...
  6. Remove Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Xbox Game Bar: This Xbox Game Bar sometimes pops up. I will never own or use an Xbox so i would like to remove this function. There is no un-install button function when you go to it from Windows Start. It doesn't appear as a program under programs for Control Panel. I did try using...
  7. removing xbox game bar app

removing xbox game bar app: just got a new system with win10 it came preinstalled with xbox game bar on it. I have tried removing it under add remove programs and it won't let me. some of its presetup keys in windows are the same as game commands i have for other games. I don't like the app and...
  8. Ubnable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Ubnable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?: I want to remove the start menu entry for the xbox game bar. Long ago I did manage to get rid of xbox (don;t remember how now) but I can't seem to make this one go away. I don't know why it is even there...if I click on it nothing happens anyhow. Can anyone help with a...
  9. Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on.

Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on.: I'm looking through the settings for the Xbox game bar overlay app on Windows 10 and I don't see an option to switch the default screen the overlay is displayed on. I don't know what sort of option I have to alter this setting without changing my primary screens around and...
  10. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.: Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove xbox game bar

2. microsoft uninstall gamebar powershell 1903

3. does xbox gamebar come with the 1903 update

4. remove xbox game 1903,
  5. uninstall xbox gamebar windows 10 1903,
  6. game dvr 1903,
  7. windows 1903 update turned on game dvr,
  8. uninstall xbox game bar,
  9. how to uninstall xbox gamebar,
  10. xbox dvr windows 1903,
  11. uninstall xbox game bar 1903,