Windows 10: Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers

Discus and support Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Am unable to remove my security key credential from Windows 10. I am able to login with this same key into windows. However, i can;t remove the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FreedomIndia, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers

Hi

Am unable to remove my security key credential from Windows 10.

I am able to login with this same key into windows.

However, i can;t remove the hardware key from Sign-in options.

Attached are the screenshots containing the prompt by Windows asking me to insert the key, and then saying this key can't be used.

I even went to gpedit,msc to edit the group policy edit, screenshots attached.

I opened up registry editor to identify the CLSID for same, and the closest i came to is attached as screenshot.

What other ways can i use to remove this security key?

Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers 52f4332c-1e99-4b41-b377-28e67e958615?upload=true.gif Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers e9df7272-07e5-4159-8fa9-fb0443b6a2dc?upload=true.gif Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers 2ea7cc4f-f274-4144-87cc-b1a722e097f5?upload=true.gif Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers 973e2c14-0415-4fb4-97a4-5d3eb4987b04?upload=true.gif Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers 5ec6739c-d840-4fc3-99a8-f1a483e54179?upload=true.gif

:)

FreedomIndia, Aug 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

key authentication

Key authentication is the recommended method for security, reject all password logins

If you lose the key use physical or remote console (IPMI)

W1zzard, Aug 6, 2020
  3. key authentication

Quick poll! I finally got around to securing my remote VM by disabling password authentication and using key authentication only for SSH. Curious if others do the same.

Easy Rhino, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers

security key not associated by owner

i have a physical yubi associated either to the laptop or an account. Anyhow in list of credentials of sign in one account says security key. No email nothing else as information is. All i know if selected your asked to insert key to sign into microsoft.
    not a specific email but microsoft. is this assocciated tp an account or the laptop

doctorholidayz, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers

1. Unable to remove Yubi Security Key from authenticated providers - Similar Threads - Unable remove Yubi

2. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  3. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  4. yubi key bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yubi key bios: yubi key bios with windows 11 not running why where is problem micrsoft edge browser login not running where is problem windows no good not runing in edge browser windows hello no good where is problem my laptop is dell...
  5. yubi key bios

yubi key bios: yubi key bios with windows 11 not running why where is problem micrsoft edge browser login not running where is problem windows no good not runing in edge browser windows hello no good where is problem my laptop is dell...
  6. Authenticate with AcquireTokenInteractive and use security key as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticate with AcquireTokenInteractive and use security key as default: I have a C# program Windows Application .NET 7.0 for logging in to Azure using Web Account Manager WAM: private void button1_Clickobject sender, EventArgs e { var hwnd = this.Handle; var client_id = "...."; var tenant_id = "...."; var options = new...
  7. Remove account from Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove account from Authenticator: I have tried to remove an old account from Authenticator. It will not let me saying I need to go to settings to turn off autofill to do this. I then open setting link to cease this function and have stopped it but it still says even though off that I need to do it....
  8. Remove account from Authenticator

Remove account from Authenticator: I have tried to remove an old account from Authenticator. It will not let me saying I need to go to settings to turn off autofill to do this. I then open setting link to cease this function and have stopped it but it still says even though off that I need to do it....
  9. Remove account from Authenticator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Security Provider

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Provider: Hi, While Malwarebytes was updating I noticed the Windows Security warning sign appear on the systray. I clicked on it and the 'Security Providers' settings window appeared showing that Malwarebytes was temporarily switched off. (I happened to notice as I was looking at the...