Windows 10: Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KRISHAN KANT_291, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help.

Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10 faf764bb-9417-4108-9b10-356b37329fef?upload=true.jpg

:)

KRISHAN KANT_291, Mar 7, 2021

2. Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

1. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Rename copy

2. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times: I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each...
  3. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  4. Unable to rename folders.

Unable to rename folders.: Since an update, am now unable to rename folder, getting an error message saying it "can't find specified file" "Make sure you specify the correct path and file name". Have no idea why this has happened and have looked at several methods, however and dubious about downloading...
  5. Renaming and moving folders

Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  6. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10: I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ......
  7. Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file

Unable to move, copy or rename .7z file: i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help ***Original title: Cant delete file with Russian file name***...
  8. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  9. Windows 10 unable to copy folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 unable to copy folders: I am running windows 10 the latest version with all the latest updates on my PC and my laptop I have a problem in that 9 times out of 10 when I try and copy a folder to another hard drive or just make a copy on the same partition of the hard drive, The copy starts and then...
  10. Can't rename or move folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename or move folders: Hello, After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file". I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file associations registry files...