Windows 10: Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

Discus and support Unable to Rename the Documents Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by l_turn9, Mar 25, 2023.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a Rename command. Was it removed for a reason?

:)

l_turn9, Mar 25, 2023
  2. RSchulte Win User

Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Last night I was copying Pictures and Documents to external drives as backups.

Now I see two Downloads folders and no documents folder. One downloads folder has the download icon, the other downloads folder has the documents icon, and all the documents. The change does not seem to affect Office and Quicken, they find their files without
    a problem. Tried to rename it back to Documents, but it won't rename.

Suggestions?

RSchulte, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Hi Schulte,

I swill be glad to help you with the issue you have with documents folder.

Did you try to rename both documents folders?

I suggest you to reset folders. Please follow the below steps:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. While in File Explorer, click/tap on the View tab, and click/tap on
    Options in the ribbon.

3. Click on the tab that says View and click on Reset Defaults.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

1. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Unable Rename Documents

2. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  3. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  4. Unable to Rename Downloads folder

Unable to Rename Downloads folder: Hello - I managed to change my Downloads folder somehow to some jibberish like a series of jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj and spaces and more letters. I may have fallen asleep and my hand relaxed on the keyboard ;- but now I can't figure out how to change it back. Right click does not have...
  5. Unable to delete or rename folders

Unable to delete or rename folders: I am sorry, but what the hell is going on Windows 10? Three days ago my windows forced me to restart the pc and accept the update. But after windows start again trapped in blue page. I made boot file by hand and windows started finally. But after that day my pc is handling...
  6. Unable to rename folders.

Unable to rename folders.: Since an update, am now unable to rename folder, getting an error message saying it "can't find specified file" "Make sure you specify the correct path and file name". Have no idea why this has happened and have looked at several methods, however and dubious about downloading...
  7. Unable to rename a folder to COM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to rename a folder to COM: Hi friends Unable to rename a folder to "COM" Error "The specified device name is invalid" this picture of error https://3sotbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Capture.jpg...
  8. Rename Documents and Music folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Documents and Music folders?: hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture. [img] this issue suddenly happens after the latest...
  9. Unable to rename files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to rename files and folders: I have a w10 Pro 64 bit PC and for whatever reason today this machine has decided it wont let me rename files or folders. I built this PC a few months back and it has been operating flawlessly, except now this. When I go to rename a file or folder I get "if you change a file...
  10. Documents folder renamed videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder renamed videos: Hello, my Documents folder has somehow become Videos (in This PC). I don't recall making a change to it's name and in fact can't find any way of changing it. I did read a similar post after googling the problem, but the responses involved registry editing as the solution and...