Windows 10: Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2

Discus and support Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey all :) The ability to reorder the Virtual Desktops on W10 was finally there since some insider builds earlier this year (as you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CardellB, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2

Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2 5Nmcq4sBlnbsGqXWQUaHIKIGgHs5H1ZT2N9Loak7gdk.jpg

Hey all Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2 :)

The ability to reorder the Virtual Desktops on W10 was finally there since some insider builds earlier this year (as you can see here: https://winaero.com/how-to-reorder-virtual-desktops-in-windows-10/) and such feature was supposed to be present on 21H2 (from my understanding).

https://preview.redd.it/jnjry7yemi0...bp&s=9d1a5b42a03af42850c5fe92dfe2ffb915b8a73e

However, as of the 21H2 update, nothing has changed and still the only thing I can do in my machines is rename the VDs...

Did this feature not make it to the release of 21H2?

Cheers! Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2 ;)

submitted by /u/CardellB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CardellB, Nov 19, 2021

2. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763).

I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it.

I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top.

After a while, Desktop would move all the way to the bottom, by itself.

Anyone experienced the same thing?

Chrissyfrotte, Nov 19, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    reboot desktop reordered

Hello Tim,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What is the current version/build of your Windows 10? To check, type
      winver
      on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, you may also check these options:

Right click on your desktop > View > Auto arrange icons > uncheck

Right click on your desktop > View > Align icons to grid > uncheck

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2

Wish-list of windows. Reorder the desktops. And others "desktop features"

Hi everyone.

Do you know if a public wish-list of Windows exist? And if do, where I can vote in features that I desire to my next desktop OS? A place to vote in the desired features posted by the others and this kind of stuff.

Many times, I miss something on my "windows experiment". First of all, I'm not a unix-maniac. However I'm a linux user for a decade, and recently a MacOS user at my work. But when they release the new windows 10, I decide to give it a try. And since then,
    I'm using windows 10 at my desktop PC at home and at my cellphone. And it have been an amazing experience.

But sometimes I miss one thing or other that could be a nice and easy feature to aggregate. Do you have it or are you in process to create?

Reorder Desktops

One very simple feature that should already exist on this release of windows 10 is the reorder of desktops.

Use multiple desktops is a GREAT new feature of windows 10. It was one of the most things that I miss on the windows OS's. And finally, we have it.

But sometimes I change my "modus operandi" and want to reorder my desktops, to have a quick access to what I need to do my work, without need to change all my applications opened in one desktop to another.

by the way....

Quick desktop change

I use the keyboard a lot. So, this keyboard shortcut to change between desktops is very useful. However... I really like the way that you can change between desktops using your mouse on MacOS.

Microsoft started to create hardware by themselves. In fact, I have a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse here to my "Microsoft experiment". And there is no shortcut to change desktops by a gesture control.

Ok.. ok... using the touchpad from my desktop, I can use 3 fingers to open the "task view", but I'm talking about something to directly change the desktop. To be quickly. Something like swipe tree fingers horizontally will be great.

Talking about shortcuts...

Change between desktop and take you app with it

One thing that I really miss from my Ubuntu is the capability to change between desktop and take my apps with me.

Since I can't reorder my desktops, the most easy way to change my "modus operandi" is using what I can get from the shortcuts. At Ubuntu Unity, I also can't reorder my desktop. However, I have a nice shortcut to change between
    desktops and move my apps with me. To easily change my apps from one desktop to another.

At windows 10, I can do is only if I use one command to open the "task view" and then drag and drop my apps form one desktop to another, and finally click on the desired desktop. If I'm not in the same desktop of the apps that
    I want to move, I also need to wait 2 ou 3 seconds with my mouse stopped over the right desktop.... It is a little bit complicated process... It slow me down.

If create a "desktop reorder" is complicated... a shortcut to switch between the desktop and move my target app with me, will be very nice.

This is what I have for now. Thanks for any reply and my apologies about my English.

Guilherme Schvarcz Franco, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2

1. Unable to Reorder Virtual Desktops in the release version of 21H2 - Similar Threads - Unable Reorder Virtual

2. Reorder and customize Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reorder and customize Virtual Desktops: According to this article virtual desktops under Win10 Build 21337 should allow customization of the virtual desktops, Now i am running Build 19044.1826 and i have no idea how to get the update but i sure as hell cannot alter anything to make them stand out. What can i do to...
  3. unable to install windows 10 version 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install windows 10 version 21H2: I am unable to install windows 10 version 21H2. It fails again and again. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-10-version-21h2/ab0e0baf-2108-4cab-ab7e-ccfc5cbf90ce
  4. 21H2 release

in Windows 10 Gaming
    21H2 release: Is it the new version of Windows 10 or another name for Windows 11?When will it be available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21h2-release/838bac6d-da5c-4b25-900a-2ab70785dcab
  5. 21H2 release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    21H2 release: Is it the new version of Windows 10 or another name for Windows 11?When will it be available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21h2-release/838bac6d-da5c-4b25-900a-2ab70785dcab
  6. 21H2 release

7. Target Release Version 21H2

Target Release Version 21H2: Will Windows 10 fall update and 11 both be called 21H2?I use the Target Release Version gpo to update the pc's.If the gpo is set to 21H2, will it install Windows 10 or 11?...
  8. Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View: Hello, I have read a number of support articles on this site and elsewhere, and there appear to be options missing from my context menu when I right-click on a virtual desktop in task view. [ATTACH] Compare to the image at this link, which has 5 total options in the...
  9. Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop?

Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop?: Is there any way to release my mouse on a virtual desktop windows 10? i want to run a game bot on one desktop which requires full use of the mouse, i want to carry on using my mouse on another virtual desktop? i have searched around many places but cannot find the answer,...
  10. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access: I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top....