Windows 10: Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

Discus and support Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to repair my installation of Windows 10 but could not do so. I even tried to recover my system but that also was of no use. I have dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by riteeshch, Jan 24, 2019.

1. riteeshch Win User

Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

I tried to repair my installation of Windows 10 but could not do so.

I even tried to recover my system but that also was of no use.

I have dual boot in my lapotp.

The ubuntu installation is booting normally, but windows is not booting up.

Please help.

:)

riteeshch, Jan 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

1. Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive - Similar Threads - Unable repair using

2. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?: HiI have a simple question. When you Create a System Image for a Windows 10 gadget, at the end you are asked if you would like to Create a System Repair Disc and one can also create one from "Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore Windows 7".The problem is my...
  3. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?: HiI have a simple question. When you Create a System Image for a Windows 10 gadget, at the end you are asked if you would like to Create a System Repair Disc and one can also create one from "Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore Windows 7".The problem is my...
  4. Windows 10 System Repair USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  6. "Windows was unable to repair the drive."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows was unable to repair the drive.": Hello.I'm having an issue with my 1 month old WD My Passport SSD.Whenever I plug in my drive, I get the following messages. Yet, I am able to access the contents of the drive.How can I made sure the drive is fully repaired and functioning?Thanks....
  7. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use USB Floppy Drive: I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop. I am running version 1903 on the desktop, while I have the latest Preview on the laptop. The strangest part is that the drive is...
  8. Windows was unable to repair the drive – USB, SD Card or Hard Disk

in Windows 10 News
    Windows was unable to repair the drive – USB, SD Card or Hard Disk: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you connect a USB, SD Card or Hard Disk to your Windows 10 PC and you see, and error box – Windows was unable to repair the drive, then it means that the file system on the drive has [...] This post Windows was unable to repair the drive – USB, SD Card or...
  9. Using Windows 10 USB to repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows 10 USB to repair: Hi there! I have searched and searched so think that asking is my only hope! I had Windows 7 and upgraded to 10. its been working fine. But, yesterday it wont boot, it circles on the windows 10 recovery. safe mode doesnt work. system reset doesnt work. CMD does. I...
  10. Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive: Hello! I initially had Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I tried to factory restore, but the original partition with the manufacturer files was missing. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, as I had an activated Widows 7 OS. The upgrade was successful, but...